//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Not my threewheelers this time but 99 300 Fourtrax

--

Not my threewheelers this time but 99 300 Fourtrax

So did an oil change today for the first time on my recently purchased 99 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4. It has a crack in it. Which would be behind the filter if it was in. It’s not loose. How does this happen? And how bad is it? And what further damage could this cause ? I know it’s not a three wheeler but y’all have been very helpful to me on my threads and just reading others. I appreciate all the input and suggestions -Jake

--
    Are you absolutely sure that it's a crack? it could be a line left over from the casting process. I haven't changed oil on a TRX300 so I could be wrong but that is what came to mind first.

--
    I’m pretty damn sure it’s a crack. I will double check and post pic tomorrow -Jake

--
    Can anyone tell me what further damage could be done ? If it’s a crack how serious is it? Obviously it’s something that should be fixed ASAP but I’m just curious. I’ve already ordered a new right side crank case cover and am going to replace that cracked piece. BUT I’m looking to find out if that could’ve caused any further damage and where and if I should order anything else thanks -Jake

--
    You would need a gasket too, and a torque wrench (",) .... there are a few things that can cause this, someone could have rolled the quad or perhaps bumped it, or even drove through ice water when the motor was on max temp ... point is you won't really know, best you can do is give it a proper service, make sure everything is 100%, check the oil you just drained for metal shavings. If there are any red flags you will be able to pick it up easily.
    1983 Honda ATC250R
    1983 Honda ATC200E BIG RED (sold)
    1984 Honda ATC200X (sold)
    1985 Honda ATC250ES BIG RED
    1985 Honda ATC70 x 2
    2001 Honda TRX90
    2004 Honda TRX300EX (sold)
    2008 Honda TRX250TM
    1976 Suzuki RV90M (sold)
    1967 Vespa Primavera 125
    1958 Massey Ferguson 35

--
    No metal shavings. The quad has been rolled atleast 3 times that I know of. One of them was bad enough to bend the front racks and crack the front plastics (previous owners daughter did that) and I rolled her once pretty good on a hill climb but she stayed running and I instantly flipped her over and I’m always going through water. So I guess your right. I’m going to be tearing her down this week most likely. I appreciate the responses as always folks. If anyone knows of a Honda Fourtrax 300 forum site please let me know. -Jake

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //