//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Need help

--

Need help

I have a 1983 honda atc 200E. Ran good before winter.. battery is practically new.. went to startt the machine and nothing happened when i pressed the electric start button. No sounds nothing, so i tried pull start and didnt run. I pull spark plug and looked for spark and i dont see any spark. So no spark and nothing happens with electric start button.. what could be the problem???

--
    First of all, welcome to 3ww. Sounds like you have two issues with no spark/starter not working. I’d double check the battery, first. Practically new could be dead as a door nail. Maybe check all connections starting at the battery, also.

--
    I would check the starter solenoid. you can bridge the terminals to see if the starter turns. If your lucky you might be able to tap on it, and it might free up. they can rust on the inside, causing them to get stuck.

You could also have a faulty key/run switch. If you have no spark like you say.
    Last edited by Lanix; 03-25-2019 at 04:30 PM.

--
    If nothing happened when you pressed the starter button.....first stop is the battery. If it's hot, check the fuse.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Might check to make sure it’s in neutral
    you know whats right therefore you know what is expected

--
    When you turn the key on, if the headlight and/or neutral light (if you have one) doesn't come on, you batter is dead as disco. As for it not starting (assuming you have spark) Pull the plug shoot some starter fluid in and give it a pull. make sure its in neutral. Sometimes you may think its in neutral but its not. push or pull the machine to make sure its rolling freely.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //