//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Going big time

ATCKevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

I got sick of rolling around on th floor and kneeling as well. I have 3 Handy air lift tables at my shop at school and finally found one for sale locally a few weeks ago. What a game changer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--
    Wow thats a thing of beauty not to mention that piece of art sitting on the table! Keep telling myself one day ill find a big red sitting in a barn somwhere lol

--
    Thanks! The big red is a heap . Runs good but I’ll be doing a restoration on it next winter.

--
    You have a really nice shop setup sir. That lift table is perfect. On a side note, what type/size tires do you have on the Red?...They look good.
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Big G View Post
    You have a really nice shop setup sir. That lift table is perfect. On a side note, what type/size tires do you have on the Red?...They look good.

Thank you! I love my barn. Just wish it was bigger lol. It’s like a gun safe, you can never have one too big! My shop is only 30x40. When you park 2 trucks, a Willy’s Jeep, a ford tractor, a quad or two, and 5 trikes in there for the winter, she gets a bit snug to work in.

--
    don't wanna take over this post... sorry forgot to tell ya the tire info. Kenda Pathfinder 25x12-9

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCKevin View Post
    Thank you! I love my barn. Just wish it was bigger lol. It’s like a gun safe, you can never have one too big! My shop is only 30x40. When you park 2 trucks, a Willy’s Jeep, a ford tractor, a quad or two, and 5 trikes in there for the winter, she gets a bit snug to work in.

I hear ya about the space thing my shop isnt much bigger than a shed i pack 2 trikes my old enduro tool boxes welders a plow tractor and about 40+ years of old harley parts in the loft it gets cramped quick lol

--
    don't wanna take over this post... sorry forgot to tell ya the tire info. Kenda Pathfinder 25x12-9
    Just looked them up...dang, those suckers aren't cheap!
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--

I don't want to hijack this post either but was hoping I could sneak in one more quick question...I see you're workbench in the background, and was wondering how high/deep it is? I'm in the process of finishing up the drywall on my 24x26 shop, and so the next step will be installing shelving and workbench. I'm putting some thought into the workbench because I only want to build it once! Ha ha
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    I will measure the bench tomorrow for you. I spent some money on that darn thing. The top is 3/4 birch. My old man built it for me and it is stout as hell. I’ll take a couple more pics of it too so you can see it better. It’s the perfect height too.

--

35 tall, 33 1/2 wide, 12 ft long.

--
    10-4. How do you find it handles abuse on that large vise? Does it shake like crazy if you're pounding something on there...is it fastened to the wall on the backside?
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    I've beat the hell out of things on that vise, hard to tell in that picture but the leg under the vise is a 6x6 as opposed to the 4x4s for the rest of the legs. The bench is fastened to the wall. It's rugged as hell. The only thing I wanna do is make a sheet of steel that fits on that end of the bench. I don't like welding on the bench because its wood.

--
    Okay, that's good to know then, cause I have a decent sized vise that I'm gonna be mounting to my bench which will be subject to abuse as well. Good call on throwing a larger size leg on the receiving end.
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //