//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Painting a red 350x headlight shroud white

mmiguy2103 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Painting a red 350x headlight shroud white

So my 87 250sx restoration is finally coming to fruition. Only a few things left. I did the 200x front end swap with the 250r front fender, I also sourced a red 350x headlight assembly, its in amazing condition, but I want it white.. now when I finish this it wint be ridden much at all but I want something durable as well. Anyone recommend a type of paint to use? I can scuff up the plastic with fine sandpaper for adhering better. Just wanted to see what others have done and their results.

"Advice is Free, The Right Answer will cost you"

--
    Sounds like a cool project. You could buy a Maier re-pop plastic in white and swap everything from your red one over to it, which may be easier.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HONDA-A...frcectupt=true

mmiguy2103 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwheels View Post
    Sounds like a cool project. You could buy a Maier re-pop plastic in white and swap everything from your red one over to it, which may be easier.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HONDA-A...frcectupt=true

Wow I guess I did over look Maier brand. Looks like they are new, I remember looking for them through Maier a while back and they didn't offer that. I might just go that route.

"Advice is Free, The Right Answer will cost you"

--
    Maier has only within the last year started selling the 350x headlight shells.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //