//ArrowChat Code

Thread: How to Remove Fuel Tank Heat Shield?

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

How to Remove Fuel Tank Heat Shield?

Anyone have suggestions how to remove the heat shield on the bottom of a tank for a 350X......without tearing it apart?

Also, any need to run a heat shield on a plastic tank?
    With the comments I've heard of how tight a fit a Clarke tank is, I don't know if a heat shield would fit.

Cheers!

--
    There's 4 foam pads that attach it to the tank, you have to ruin the pads but not the heat shield. I just used a screwdriver to separate mine. I have yet to find new replacement foam pads of the right thickness, but I haven't looked too hard. No, there's no need to run it with a plastic tank.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by floydechoes2000 View Post
    There's 4 foam pads that attach it to the tank, you have to ruin the pads but not the heat shield. I just used a screwdriver to separate mine. I have yet to find new replacement foam pads of the right thickness, but I haven't looked too hard. No, there's no need to run it with a plastic tank.
    Thanks. I figured something would be destroyed removing it. I may try dousing with hot soapy water as I pry it away.

I've wondered if something like this butyl adhesive noise dampening/heat shield would work. This one is 10mm thick.
    https://www.amazon.com/LINGDA-Insula...gateway&sr=8-2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71sYKqbbqyL._SL1000_.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	257992

--
    I think something like that should be fine for recreational riding, maybe not WFO desert racing but how many of us are doing that with our 350X's? Not that I wouldn't like to try desert racing, but I'm in Connecticut haha

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //