//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2018-2019 March Towards Lord Stanley's Cup Playoff Challenge

--

The 2018-2019 March Towards Lord Stanley's Cup Playoff Challenge

The greatest time of the year, the NHL Playoffs, are once again upon us and the matchups have been set and will begin early this week.

Our Hockey Mexican will be along shortly to breakdown the points structure for his bracketology thing he normally has going on that I still don't understand.

Look over the teams and get your first round picks lined up.

--
    Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your hats for the best darn game on Earth!

Same rules as last year and the year before that and the year before that one and so on. Ladders are below. You have till puck drop prior to any series start to make any changes to your picks.

HOW TO PLAY:
    As always anyone can play. Gather points by picking winners using the method of your choice. Don’t worry if you haven’t kept up with hockey this season, or even if you don’t know anything about hockey, just chose your favorite laundry and if you’re wrong blame it on the officiating.

POINTS SYSTEM:
    As with previous years I will post a list of pairings for each round. Participants will copy paste and post the list as well as type in a winner and how many of the scheduled 7 games they feel it will take for their pick to get to 4 wins, but again this year to lessen the chance of a tie there are additional points for those who wish to pick Conference winners and a Cup winner at the onset of the playoffs for 5 extra points of each correct Conference pick and 10 for the Cup winner to be added to your totals at the end of the playoffs. You may feel dirty picking a team you don’t like to win, but it’s the only way to make points at times.

- Pick your Conference winners (5 points each) and Cup winner (10 points) for up to 20 points
    - The first round awards 1 point for picking a winner and 1 point for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the first round is 16
    - The second round awards 2 points for picking a winner and 2 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the second round is 16
    - The third round awards 4 points for picking a winner and 4 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the third round is 16
    - The final awards 8 points for picking the winner and 8 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the second round is 16

Here are the pairings for the 2019 Challenge.

WEST
    Central
    Predators VS Stars
    Jets VS Blues

Pacific
    Flames VS Avalanche
    Sharks VS Golden Knights

EAST
    Metropolitan
    Capitals VS Hurricanes
    Islanders VS Penguins

Atlantic
    Lightning VS Blue Jackets
    Bruins VS Leaf’s

Good luck to all!
    It sucks to get old

--
    Predators VS Stars – Stars in 6
    Jets VS Blues – Blues in 5
    Flames VS Avalanche – Flames in 5
    Sharks VS Golden Knights – Sharks in 7
    Capitals VS Hurricanes – Caps in 7
    Islanders VS Penguins – Islanders in 7
    Lightning VS Blue Jackets _ Lightning in 6
    Bruins VS Leaf’s – Leaf’s in 7

Western Conference Champs - Flames
    Eastern Conference Champs – Lightning
    Stanley Cup Champions – Lightning
    It sucks to get old

--
    Predators VS Stars – Press in 6
    Jets VS Blues – Jets in 5
    Flames VS Avalanche – Flames in 6
    Sharks VS Golden Knights – Sharks in 5
    Capitals VS Hurricanes – Caps in 6
    Islanders VS Penguins – Pens in 5
    Lightning VS Blue Jackets _ Lightning in 6
    Bruins VS Leaf’s – Leaf’s in 6

Western Conference Champs - Nashville
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Predators VS Stars – Preds in 6

Jets VS Blues – Jets in 6

Flames VS Avalanche – Flames in 4

Sharks VS Golden Knights – Knights in 7

Capitals VS Hurricanes – Canes (Jerks)in 7

Islanders VS Penguins – Islanders in 7

Lightning VS Blue Jackets _ Lightning in 4

Bruins VS Leaf’s – Baby Bears in 6

Western Conference Champs - Knights

--
    Optimism is high here in Pittsburgh after the 4 game sweep of Cincinnati over the weekend. The rotation is leading the majors in ERA and ......... oh wait...... this game is about that sport that fills the gap between the super bowl and MLB opening day.

I was fortunate enough to be in the building a few weeks ago when Markin scored his 1000th point. Same game that cave boy got his 1200th point on our ice. Bitersweet, yes, but we got the W so that's what matters in the end. I can't pick the Pens this year after Tampa Bay essentially lapped the field during the regular season. Doesn't much matter who wins out west either, as those 8 teams are rather pedestrian.

Tampa Bay over Columbus in 5
    Bruins over Leafs in 6
    Caps over Canes in 6
    Pens over Islanders in 7

Predators over Stars in 6
    Jets over Blues in 7
    Calgary over Colorado in 6
    Vegas over San Jose in 7

Lighting wins the East
    Flamers win the West

Lighting in 5 for the cup.

--
    Hello Gentleman, so glad to be here and part of this game! Best of luck to everyone and enjoy the playoffs!

Predators VS Stars- Stars in 7
    Jets VS Blues-Jets in 7

Flames VS Avalanche- Flames in 5
    Sharks VS Golden Knights- Sharks in 6

Capitals VS Hurricanes-Caps in 6
    Islanders VS Penguins-Pens in 6

Lightning VS Blue Jackets- Lightning in 5
    Bruins VS Leaf’s-Bruins in 7

Western Conference Champs - Jets
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatcs View Post
    Western Conference Champs - Jets
    El Camexican LIKES this post!
    It sucks to get old

kevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Go jets go!!!

--
    After Rock and Rolling all night, and partying half of the day yesterday I found myself shaking the cobwebs out of my brain this morning. I figured I'd take a peek at the results from last night, when I saw the Lightning and Pens were both down 2-0, I have to say I'm completely shocked. I know it's a 7 game series, and CBJ was in this same position last year before they dropped 4 straight, but dang. Any thoughts?
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    After Rock and Rolling all night, and partying half of the day yesterday I found myself shaking the cobwebs out of my brain this morning. I figured I'd take a peek at the results from last night, when I saw the Lightning and Pens were both down 2-0, I have to say I'm completely shocked. I know it's a 7 game series, and CBJ was in this same position last year before they dropped 4 straight, but dang. Any thoughts?
    First rule about playoff hockey is you don't talk about playoff hockey.

--
    Just for you joe. These guys were in line with me today at a race, I was wearing my Jets hat. The Jets guy was born in Winnipeg, but lived in Seattle. The Buffalo guy was from New York and we all ended up in the same line together in Austin Texas. The world is a wonderful place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B69AB217-529D-4D0E-BE03-4351F14E1DF3.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.83 MB 
ID:	258181
    It sucks to get old

--
    That's pretty awesome Nico. What was the purpose of the trip?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    That's pretty awesome Nico. What was the purpose of the trip?
    Moto GP in Austin TX. I have a ton of photos I plan to post soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AB500087-B473-4584-875E-F19397A840FD.jpeg   196FF4A9-7419-4D8F-B7A5-F7ACC9EEE9FE.jpeg  
    It sucks to get old

--
    Penguins are about to get swept. Although this isn't really an upset, the Islanders are the higher seed.
    I would have been shocked to see the Lightning get bounced in the first round, but swept!?!
    What are the odds? Apparently the same as Tiger Woods coming back to win the Masters after 14 years.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //