//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 86 ATC125M Support Plate Patch on wheels????

--

86 ATC125M Support Plate Patch on wheels????

Good morning folks, hope everyone is doing well. Got another question about my 86 ATC125m that I'm trying to get up to par. I noticed in the service manual and the parts diagrams that the front and rear wheels have a "Support Plate Patch" that appears to bolt on either side of the two piece wheels between the wheel and lug nuts. My question is, is this absolutely necessary and does anyone have any idea where I could find them? Looks like the part number should be 44714-VM6-000 and I assume I need 6 of them. I've included a pic of the parts diagram highlighting the item in question. Thanks for any help provided as always!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PatchSupportPlate.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	258147

--
    I havent ever run a machine without those in the rims. So i would imagine they are imperative b.c they do support the rim otherwise there would only be the center of the rim keeping it from tweaking [if that makes sense]
    As for where u can find them i dont know if i ever come across some spares ill let u know

--
    Thanks for the reply. I thought they would be required. After doing a little more digging I think I only need four of them. It looks to me like the front wheel has one on each side and the rears only have one on the inside. Does anyone know if these are the same from the 84-85 models? I know the part numbers are different but just curious if they might be the same??? If anybody has some of these laying around let me know. I'll pay top dollar. Thanks.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed86 View Post
    Good morning folks, hope everyone is doing well. Got another question about my 86 ATC125m that I'm trying to get up to par. I noticed in the service manual and the parts diagrams that the front and rear wheels have a "Support Plate Patch" that appears to bolt on either side of the two piece wheels between the wheel and lug nuts. My question is, is this absolutely necessary and does anyone have any idea where I could find them? Looks like the part number should be 44714-VM6-000 and I assume I need 6 of them. I've included a pic of the parts diagram highlighting the item in question. Thanks for any help provided as always!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PatchSupportPlate.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	258147
    I may have 4 four bolt plates, I'll have to look. Send me a pm as a reminder. 8" rims correct?
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Good day. You still have those plates?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC_nubi View Post
    Good day. You still have those plates?