//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200X cylinder on NON 200x bottom end

--

200X cylinder on NON 200x bottom end

I'll put this in the new member section so new guys can chime in too.

I'm sure some of you seasoned vets already know this BUT, I just found out the hard way a few minutes ago.

I built a 200E engine with a 200X cylinder and head. Engine went together perfect. I just got the engine buckled down and went to put on my starter. Guess what, it don't work. The larger cooling fins prevent the starter from going in. Not by much. I hope I can carefully remove enough material to get it in there, otherwise, I will have to tear it down and the whole build is a waste.
    I have an assortment of carbide burrs for my die grinder I can use. Hopefully I can do this without fackin' up the paint job.

*sigh*

Stupidity is painful.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Plan on removing a solid 1/4" from the bottom three fins and at least 3/16 from the 4th.
    The notch I put in the fifth is not necessary but it sure makes wiggling the starter in, when it doesn't wanna mesh with the gears, MUCH easier.

--
    Well well well i learned something tonight thank you i always though it would fit

--
    Oh it WILL fit.....just needs a little clearance for the starter. If it were a pull start only model, you'd never know the difference.

--
    Nice info to have around, I also thought it was a bolt on upgrade. I guess most people use the 200S/185 bottom end, so no electric start on those machines.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //