//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1982 250r front wheel not centered???

--

1982 250r front wheel not centered???

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this. I have an ‘82 250r all stock, completely original tires and everything from the original owner and I’ve noticed that the front wheel is about 3/8” offset to the clutch side of the bike. I’ve taken every measurement I can and everything is perfect, nothings bent at all including the forks and triple. I took the front end all apart and verified parts as to the manual and it’s all there in its right place and way. I’ve seen other pictures online of the 81/82 and some look to have about the same offset. Is this normal or am I over looking something?
    1982 Honda 250r ATC
    DG pipe
    DG silencer
    Boyesen carbon fiber reeds
    K&N filter
    Carlisle tires
    Tusk enduro lighting kit (100% street legal)

--
    Although I’m new to this model, I wanted to say mine has the same difference. If you’re on the machine, it measures 1” from the right & 5/8 on the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me at all if it was normal to have a slight offset. I’ve seen Willys and FJ40’s have odd measurements that are intentional. I’m guessing Honda changed something on the 82 front end compared to the 81 and instead of manufacturing a new front end, they just adapted it to accept a new part.
    1982 Honda 250r ATC
    DG pipe
    DG silencer
    Boyesen carbon fiber reeds
    K&N filter
    Carlisle tires
    Tusk enduro lighting kit (100% street legal)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //