//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Need some help with 1983 yt125 rebuild

--

Need some help with 1983 yt125 rebuild

So im in the process of fixing up my engine (new seals, bearings, gaskets). I have looked on bike bandit for the seals (already have everything else). Im looking at the crank seals and see 2 types listed. Is one for the wet side ( clutch) and one for dry(flywheel). Also should i put anything on them when putting them in like rtv or such. Already have yamabond 4 for the crankcase.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

--
    Also whats a good way to lock up the flywheel and clutch to unbolt it

--
    There’s a tool for this. Stand by... looking for a link.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G View Post
    There’s a tool for this. Stand by... looking for a link.
    Found the clutch holder. To lock flywheel i just stuck some rope in the cylinder to lock it up

--
    Quote Originally Posted by nmarciano19 View Post
    Found the clutch holder. To lock flywheel i just stuck some rope in the cylinder to lock it up

Copy. Post photos. I dig those bikes!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G View Post
    Copy. Post photos. I dig those bikes!
    Ill Get some tommorrow. Quality wont be that good, camera on phone is broken. However i still get some pics.

--
    There's a clutch holder and flywheel holder when assembling everything. You can use an impact to disassemble. After the rebuild, be sure to do a leak down test. This will confirm there's no air leaks in the motor. Air leak = lean = toasted motor. Leak down test video. You can make a tester for cheap, very cheap. If I recall, the seals are installed dry. You may want to reference the manual.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    So i almost ready to get the yt back together, and it seems i hit another bump. Ive ordered new engine mount dampers, however its looking like the metal part of the damper frkm the old ones is still in there. Anyone got any tip on how to get it out.

--
    Unless it's worn, I'd clean it and leave it. Im also guessing your talking about the insert into the cases? Those are simply pressed in. You can tap them out.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberSalt View Post
    Unless it's worn, I'd clean it and leave it. Im also guessing your talking about the insert into the cases? Those are simply pressed in. You can tap them out.
    Got em out. They took aome doing but new ones are in

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //