//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tri moto 175

--

Tri moto 175

I have a yt175, that's all the nameplate says, is there any way to find what the last letter is, or any indications of the year. I'm also looking for a carb rebuild kit, are those kits typically sold for these or do you have to order the individual parts. Having a hard time fibeing a rebuild kit with the model #, I'm trying to get time to pull the carb for more info. Thanks in advance for the help.

--
    When i was getting my 83 yt125 going, i went looking for a carb kit and wasnt able to find any. All i needed was a needle so i called mikuni and found one that was pretty close to the original.

What carb do you have?

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

--
    Heres a link for the service manuals
    http://Www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...5-Service-Data

Here is a list of serial codes to help you find the year. You can find the serial either on your engine or steerin shaft
    http://Www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...al-VIN-numbers

--
    Ok, at least I'm not the only one. I haven't had a chance to pull the carb yet, I was hoping I could find a kit through the model of the machine but I couldn't find a kit, just single pieces. I guess I'll just pull it apart and see what individual parts I'll need thanks for the input. Hopefully in the next couple days I'll have it apart

--
    That's awesome, thank you!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 92wrangler View Post
    That's awesome, thank you!
    No problem. I did the same thing, pull the carb replaced what i needed. Right now i have my engine out due to it leaking tranny oil from the case. So i figure might as well replace any bearings or seals that are bad or are looking like they show any signs of wear. And of course just when i start tearing in to her i get the itch to ride

--
    That's how it always goes!

--
    Not much wears out in these carbs. You can clean the needle and seat up with a qtip and some tooth paste. Just work it back and forth. Check your float height. Some will have worn a small hole on the tang of the floats where the needle rides against.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    I quickly noticed that this carb was different than I expected. I'm used to chainsaw carbs. I really didn't have to do much with it, everything looked clean, adjusted the float and put her back on.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 92wrangler View Post
    I quickly noticed that this carb was different than I expected. I'm used to chainsaw carbs. I really didn't have to do much with it, everything looked clean, adjusted the float and put her back on.
    Hopefully that does it.

--
    These carbs are pretty simple. Almost all 2 stroke carbs operate the exact same as these. If you can clean and repair this, you can do all 2 stroke carbs. Be sure to set your air screw about 1 1/2 turns out increase the idle to 1500 RPM. From here, you can tune your pilot circuit.

If your switching to premix, you may need to increase your main jet 1-2 size. 32:1 is a good ratio for these old machines.

Youll notice 2 stroke and 4 stroke carbs are different. The 2 stroke has an air screw near the air filter side. This is used to adjust the pilot circuit.
    The 4 stroke have a fuel screw next to the motor side (typically underneath). These adjust the fuel the motor is getting from the pilot circuit.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //