//ArrowChat Code

Upcoming Events for the Next 120 Day(s)

Thread: 1986 200x swingarm wobble

--

1986 200x swingarm wobble

Hello, I noticed a sort of knocking/looseness in my rear suspension on my 200x. I jacked the rear up and took the axle off and noticed my swing arm had a lot of wiggle in it where it bolts to the frame and the lower shock bushing also had a lot of play in it. Upon inspecting swingarm bearings the sprocket side needle bearings in swingarm were very flat and worn out. I replaced the bearings with all balls kit and swingarm still has play in it while on a stand with axle off. So now Iím wondering is it just normal for the swinfarm to be able to wiggle a bit? Also the lower shock bushing is discontinued, does anyone make a replacement?

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    The swingarm should have nearly zero play in it when the pivot bolt is tight.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    All the shock bushings except item 13 are available from the place below. Try ebay for all but item 13 as well if you haven't already. I don't know what 13 is but it looks like a simple metal or nylon bushing, if so, you can have one made if you need that one.

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-atc200x-...ist/F++19.html

--
    Your pivot bolt has probably worn out the holes in frame.

--
    I have not ever seen a 2nd gen 200X with oblonged/ovaled holes in the frame, but it can CERTAINLY HAPPEN!!

When I am looking to find "play" in something, I put my left index finger on the bolt/nut and rest the finger against the other part, and start wiggling. You can usually feel exactly where most of the slop is coming from.

Hope that makes sense!!
    WHO IS Q?? WWG1WGA!!

86 ATC200X Flatrack ( I may not be fast but this is one FAST 200X!!

86 ATC350X Motocross, 86 ATC452X Flatrack!!

07 Weekend Warrior Toy Hauler

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //