//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Best Aftermarket Axle 1985 250R

--

Best Aftermarket Axle 1985 250R

Like the title states, I am about to purchase an aftermarket rear axle (with hubs and anti-fade nut) for my 1985 ATC 250R.
    Does anyone have strong opinions on what brand is best??

It is currently set up for TT, ice, flat track, not that that should make a difference.
    It is primarily a track only trike.
    I have Durablue on my other R and my 400X and have not had an issue.
    Lonestar is another brand into which I am looking.

Recommendations or axles to avoid?
    I do realize I will need to purchase 1986 style sprocket and sprocket bolts.

--
    Lonestar is a good axle.Axcaliber if you can find one.I heard RPM was realy good and Tusk.
    250r rules

Marty is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I don’t think any company offers axles for 85 ATC 250R anymore?
    Dura blue was only company that I knew years ago when I was looking and bought one for my 85.
    But I may be wrong.

--
    No issues with Lonestar Axcalibar or RPM Dominator II axles. Both installed easily, and the fit & finish are great. The Dominator II was slightly more expensive, but I think it's a much nicer looking axle. Don't get me wrong, Axcalibars look great, especially when compared to a 30+ year old OEM axle, but I think the Dominator II is just a notch above that.

I have no experience with Dura-Blue axles. I checked out a Tusk axle once, for a TRX 400EX, and it looks like a decent axle (especially price-wise), but I wasn't impressed with the sloppy sprocket hub, which are not pressed on like OEM, Dura-Blue, Lonestar, or RPM Honda axles are. This makes it easy to swap out a sprocket hub, if you ever need to, but I think it might actually cause you to have to swap it out. Tusk says, keeping the axle tight in the rear bearing carrier will prevent premature sprocket hub wear/replacement issues.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

250rAL is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I have a Durablue (Eliminator I think) on mine. I've landed jumps hard enough to flat spot all four lips of both stock rear wheels at the same time and the axle didn't bend.
    36PJ Keihin
    K&N
    Boyesen reeds
    Magura hydraulic clutch
    Roost Boost
    MSR bars
    OMF swingarm skid
    ITP Beadlocks

Three Wheelin' Since '84

--
    Is there a Tusk model available for the 250R?

Given how much less they cost than the other axles out there I was a little apprehensive, but after reading the reviews that the Banshee guys put up I took a chance and bought one for my conversion. I haven’t used it yet, but it looks like a very well-made product.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Is there a Tusk model available for the 250R?
    I haven't looked in a while, but the last time I did, which was about 2 years ago, Tusk did not offer an axle for the 250R. A 400EX axle will work though, but it's not as wide as a 250R axle. The 250R wheel hubs will not fit the 400EX axle either, but with the 400EX's wider hubs installed, it is of comparable width.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //