//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 ATC70 - Gas leaks through carb into motor and air filter!

--

85 ATC70 - Gas leaks through carb into motor and air filter!

So rebuilt the carb once, and then put on a different carb float and bowl; still leaks fuel when it sits. Petcock "off" doesn't stop fuel and gas trickles forward into motor and back into air filter. I changed the "oil" and now have it parked with the front elevated. Air filter disintegrated in my hand, picking one up at the Honda dealer tomorrow. So... should I try to adjust the float? Any fix to petcock? I prefer to keep OEM carb... BTW, it has a plastic aftermarket tank, so fuel is clean...
    Or just pick up an aftermarket carb on ebay and drop the Hondaline out of my name?

Hondaline Hartman
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    Float needle has to be leaking. Replace needle, clean seat real well. Keep oem carb if at all possible! China junk is hit and miss. Make sure floats themselves arent leaking and full of fuel. And that its adjusted properly.

Petcock is probably rebuild-able. Its either screwed or riveted together...look on ebay for petcock rebuild kits if its rivited. You drill out rivets and replace packing and screw it back together. If its screwed together just take it apart and replace the packing with oem. Its nice when the carb and petcock dont leak...but if your carb leaks you at least need a good petcock that doesnt!
    Twin 1982 ATC200's
    1985 350X
    1985 200X
    and a bunch of 2 wheelers

--
    Thanks man... that reassured my plan!
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.

--
    Getting the trike ready for the kids or yourself? Hopefully my daughter will take interest this summer in the 70 I have in the shed.

With any luck another cleaning and possibly a new float/needle set would do. I think the OEM float is all plastic and non-adjustable.

Worst comes to it I think a new OEM carb is still available from DRATV for ~$140. I’ve used those knock-offs but they are so temperamental. The knock-off fuel switch however isn’t a bad deal of cleaning yours doesn’t get it to work.

Good luck!
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 Tri Zinger(current project)
    1983 Yamaha YTM 200 (rear suspension kit)..... long term project
    2004 BMW R1150R
    1972 Honda CT 70
    2007 Lifan 110

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thefox View Post
    Getting the trike ready for the kids or yourself? Hopefully my daughter will take interest this summer in the 70 I have in the shed.

With any luck another cleaning and possibly a new float/needle set would do. I think the OEM float is all plastic and non-adjustable.

Worst comes to it I think a new OEM carb is still available from DRATV for ~$140. I’ve used those knock-offs but they are so temperamental. The knock-off fuel switch however isn’t a bad deal of cleaning yours doesn’t get it to work.

Good luck!

Both, lol. My 7 year old is riding it now. My 9 year old is now eyeing the 110. Bubby tried a ride but it was short. Lol I think the last time I had carb apart was with your brother. Can't remember if the 70 carb on my shelf is my original or one your bro gave me. The petcock on that one was worse than one on my 70 now. I swapped out the petcock with one off a parts 110. Hollink in Spencerport had the air filter in stock and has a couple OEM float valve in stock. Will continue...
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //