//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350x carb boots

--

350x carb boots

Not really sure the correct name but does anyone know were i can get new boots from the head to carb and from air box to carb for my 1986 350x? Factory carb. Both boots are original and are a bit hard and may have shrunk some because now they barely reach, i have to pull the carb half out of the boot on the motor for it to connect to the one from the air box.
    1986 Honda 350x!!

--
    Your only choice is used.

So you will need to search EBAY and/or FaceBook, but they should be easy to find...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Update to a 400ex carb and get a brand new 300ex intake boot 16211-HC0-003 and clamp 16219-422-000 that goes from the carb to the head. Bolt those on then take a heat gun to the boot that runs from the airbox to the carb, stretch it on and you're good to go. Also, I was able to move my airbox ever so slightly closer by removing everything attached to it, loosening the bolts and giving it a gentle nudge. Good luck!

--
    The reason i haven switched to a 400ex carb is 2 reasons, there is nothing wrong with mine and i rebuilt it last year. Also from what i was told back in 2002 when i got the trike, the motor is .30 over and has a supertrapp exhaust and the carb has been jetted according, so i was just assuming that swaping carbs i would have to be messing with jetting. She runs so good right now lol

Could i use the 300ex intake boot with my factory carb?
    1986 Honda 350x!!

--
    I totally understand wanting to keep what you have since it's working. I don't know for sure if the 300EX intake will fit the stock carb or not but I am curious. I'll take some measurements next time mine is apart. In the meantime here's something else you could try... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eTF6tnYYdc

--
    You do have to mess with your jetting with this swap. It requires removing the jets from your 350X carb and installing them in your 400EX carb. It's that simple.

--
    If you're still having problems even with the heat gun, try soaking the boots in very hot water (boil a huge pot and dump it into a pail and take with you to the garage) for 20-30 mins first. I've found this loosens them up VERY nicely and combined with a heat gun you should have no issues.

--
    Don't search ebay for an ATC 350x intake boot, the guys mark them WAY up!! Part# 16211-HA7-671 and that will bring up boots for Honda Fourtrax 350, same thing. About half the cost of an "advertised" atc 350x boot, got mine from muffsmotorsports in perfect condition with clamp, screws, and o-ring for $20 shipped.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmac86 View Post
    Don't search ebay for an ATC 350x intake boot, the guys mark them WAY up!! Part# 16211-HA7-671 and that will bring up boots for Honda Fourtrax 350, same thing. About half the cost of an "advertised" atc 350x boot, got mine from muffsmotorsports in perfect condition with clamp, screws, and o-ring for $20 shipped.
    I love tips like that, thanks Rmac86!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //