//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 2 stroke world championship at glen helen tomorrow 4-20-2019

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --

2 stroke world championship at glen helen tomorrow 4-20-2019

It's not atv's, but if your looking for something to do tomorrow and like the old or new 2 stroke MX bikes, there is a "2 Stroke World Championship" race at Glen Helen. Wiseco, Fasthouse and ARX (American Retrocross) are the sponsors. There may be a few old school riders there like Scott Burnwurth, Rex Staten, and Brad Lackey etc. It will be mostly newer 2 strokes but there should be several vintage bikes there as well. This is one of the bigger MX events of the year in So Cal.

If you have any questions just let me know.

http://glenhelen.com/event/2-stroke-mx-championships/

This is a short video from the event last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwCmFfcls5U

--
    I'm only interested if you're going to go incognito to videotape people performing badly
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    ! I missed this.

Hope I can find it on cable somewhere...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    ! I missed this.

There are a few videos of different classes on youtube including open pro in the link below and these guys are blazing fast. You will see what looks like a moderately steep uphill followed by a sharp right hander followed by what looks like a moderately steep downhill. This is called mount saint helen, and is in fact the steepest uphill and downhill of any track in the us, plus that hill is a bit sandy which makes it even more "fun". I raced on it for the first time in January, and the uphill wasn't too hairy for me but the downhill was quite "unpleasant", and I rode my brakes most of the way down so I wouldn't go flying off the track thru the muddy turn that was at the bottom or get bounced off by the big braking bumps near the bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...len+helen+2019

Scott Burnwurth is having his own 2 stroke World Championships there soon as well, and that should bring out some of the older riders and older bikes. I won't ride in that one either cuz I hate sand and hate crashing, which I tend to do a lot in the sand on a motorcycle.

--
    4-20? They picked the perfect date cuz you gotta be high to ride like that. If my tires aren't touching dirt it's cuz it's got a jack under it.

.......crap...I ain't old enough to be this old. When did that happen?
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    ! I missed this.

Here's another good video from factory kawi rider zach bells helmet cam in the open pro race. Mike Alessi and Brown were also in that race. Check out what they do on the big downhill. My balls aren't anywhere near that big anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OInFE-sSbK4

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    4-20? They picked the perfect date cuz you gotta be high to ride like that. If my tires aren't touching dirt it's cuz it's got a jack under it.

.......crap...I ain't old enough to be this old. When did that happen?
    cmon' ya gotta learn to live a little. If I can still get air at my age and state of decrepitness, anyone can.

Although it doesn't look like it, this is fairly wide a double jump, and it has to be hit at around 45 + mph to clear, which I did on every lap, but the real fun part is trying to slow down enough before the turn that is immediately after the jump so you don't go sailing off the track and into the parking lot like one guy did. If you look close, you can see part of the GERITOL I put on my tank and THE GEEZER in bright Gold on the back of my helmet

--
    I love seeing a 500 climb hills... Moto X Des Nations was always awesome....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    cmon' ya gotta learn to live a little. If I can still get air at my age and state of decrepitness, anyone can.
    ]
    No.
    I just recently managed get off my fat ass and cut 60+ pounds, get in shape and run 5 miles a day & weights 3 days a week. First time in almost 2 decades that my gut doesn't stick out further than my.....uhh, BELT, yeah, my belt. I'm to phack that up with one 'watch this ya'll' moment?
    That's a clear, loud and emphatic...No.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    No.
    I just recently managed get off my fat ass and cut 60+ pounds, get in shape and run 5 miles a day & weights 3 days a week. First time in almost 2 decades that my gut doesn't stick out further than my.....uhh, BELT, yeah, my belt. I'm to phack that up with one 'watch this ya'll' moment?
    That's a clear, loud and emphatic...No.
    Well, nobody said you have to ride in a "Watch this ya'll!" manner. I'm just doing it to have some fun and get some much needed exercise that I can't get any other way at the moment due to some recent health issues that are now mostly gone. I also like the competition even if I end up last, because it is a challenge for me to push myself a little. I never really practiced between races even when I was riding in the Pro class, cuz practicing bored me to tears and I couldn't motivate myself to try hard when nobody else was at the track, so it was pointless. I have also only been trail riding around 20 times in my life, and that was mostly before I started racing. After I started racing, I had no interest in trail riding, so basically, all I have ever done in my life on any dirt bike or atc or quad is race.

--
    Well, that's kinda the beauty of this hobby ain't it? It's pretty diverse.
    Some want to go fast and race, Me; A quiet day on the trail enjoying the outdoors, cold beer or two and getting slapped in the face by the Mrs. for doing something totally inappropriate......Set that song to repeat, I can listen to that over and over.

--
    I'd pay good money to try whatever you're on Glamy. It has GOT to be some of the best shet ever grown. I bet it would make Jamaican seem like a Pall Mall.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //