//ArrowChat Code

Thread: My latest Hondaline LC ATC250R Headlight Guard Copy

--

My latest Hondaline LC ATC250R Headlight Guard Copy

I have made some guards for the 350X and the 2nd generation 200X and always wanted to copy the 250R guard but even bent guards were 150$ used.

A couple weeks ago a NOS R guard popped up for a good price and I grabbed it! They we're getting 350$ - 450$ for NOS 250R guards and thats whithout the bars that screw into the back of the guard...

I changed the way I did things to try to be as close to OEM Hondaline as possible. I use thick DOM tubing, 5/32 thick crossbars welded in, and I powder coat them in Honda red.

I'm very pleased with the results! But, I only got 3 perfect out of 5, I know I cannot sell them unless they have zero flaws in any aspect.

Gotta have seamless tubing, strong welds, thick bars and tight radius corners.

I bet it took me 25 hours to get 3 flawless guards, it's not easy. But now I have 10 pages of notes to make them in the future...

Obviously the OEM Hondaline is on left, and my copy on right.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 04-25-2019 at 04:34 PM.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Very nice! How much with no paint? I would buy one and get it pc’d To match the rest of my bike
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Looks good Steve! I'd be interested down the line in one too.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    Very nice! How much with no paint? I would buy one and get it pc’d To match the rest of my bike
    I have one on Ebay now to test the market, definitely the most time consuming one I've copied to date.

I don't have any in "raw" form right now. I have to see if I can fix the blems.

You'd be surprised at what I call a "blem", but I just don't like any issues at all and sometimes I have to tweak something here or there to get it perfect.

You could just scuff the PC and paint it...

I'll stay in touch
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I will attest the fit on these is perfect. I got it on a couple weeks ago after powdering it super mirror red. I think its a fantastic piece and thanks DC!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails headlightguard3.jpg   headlightguard2.jpg   headlightguard1.jpg  
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Awesome, I never realized you had mounted it up!! I have a batch I'm finishing right now if anyone wants a guard...

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have seen these on fake book. from a fellow fabricator, your work is excellent! looks great.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //