//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 83’ Atc 110 beater overhaul

oldoo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

83’ Atc 110 beater overhaul

So I picked up this beat up atc 110 that had been used for maintenance on a golf course. It’s rough as. Fortunately I found a Trx 125 85’ which I’m going to be pinching parts off for it and then part out what I don’t need.

Here’s pics of when I got the bike

It has frame damage where the grab bar bolt bolts through, I have a spare frame that’s been broken in half so I’ll be cutting a section out of it and get my mate to tig weld it in. Should work perfect.

I got the Trx 125 fender on the rear now so it looks period correct. Cut off the front rack.

Now the atc 125m seat base is trash. So I’ll use the Trx 125 plastic base, then fabricate with aluminium and plastic the front section to suit the atc foam and mound around the tank. I’m excited to make it work and do the job. A new seat cover and should look good.

The front fender is average but I’ll plastic weld it back together. I might even cut and weld in a piece off a trash 250r front fender I have laying around to fix up where it’s been rubbing on the tyre.

You can see the black tar that’s been sticking to the fender from the golf course maintenance.

Again this bike is real rough. But I just want to give it a second chance at life opposed to it being left to rot away. This is no resto, but just an overhaul to get it back up to scratch. It has many dodgy things which I wish to fix then enjoy it until I upgrade.

Cheers,
    Oldo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Dug out the half cut frame to cut the section out of. Good thing my mates a guru tig welder. Should come up mint.

--
    Good choice to save it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Good choice to save it.
    Yeah I reckon! Keen to get it all sorted. Might bore the cylinder to 125cc, run a race cam, and run the trx125 exhaust. Should run well

ATCKevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Nice job! Keep us updated on your progress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCKevin View Post
    Nice job! Keep us updated on your progress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Will do mate.

Just cleaned up the fender, ready to plastic weld/repair. I have my work cut out for me.

--
    I know you mentioned you had another frame to make 2 into 1, but figured I'd chime in and let you know I have a couple ATC110 frames, 79 and 81. I got them in even worse shape, but not as hacked up. Just about everything was missing except the engines, frame and front forks. I might have an axle and some other misc parts. I don't think I had a front fender.

I also have a couple ATC125M's 84 and 85 if you need any parts from them. One was a hunting machine and the other was torn down by the last owner. Both have the shifting problem that's common on that engine. My plans for them kind of fizzled away so pretty much open to part them out too. Maybe the front fender could be worked into the 110 frame?

Anyway, good luck on the project, most of the machines I ride started out something like what you have.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    I know you mentioned you had another frame to make 2 into 1, but figured I'd chime in and let you know I have a couple ATC110 frames, 79 and 81. I got them in even worse shape, but not as hacked up. Just about everything was missing except the engines, frame and front forks. I might have an axle and some other misc parts. I don't think I had a front fender.

I also have a couple ATC125M's 84 and 85 if you need any parts from them. One was a hunting machine and the other was torn down by the last owner. Both have the shifting problem that's common on that engine. My plans for them kind of fizzled away so pretty much open to part them out too. Maybe the front fender could be worked into the 110 frame?

Anyway, good luck on the project, most of the machines I ride started out something like what you have.
    Thanks for your offer mate. I’ll pm you.

There’s not too much of 2 bikes going into one, just the broken frame here for a donation cut. Then the trx125 as a donor for nice upgraded oem bits. That will fit.

--
    So I began the first stage of the fender repairs.

Slowly but surely, beats buying a new fender so I don’t mind.
    Cheers,
    Oldo

--
    So fixing the fenders was a waste of time, I found out that I have a front end off an 84’ 250r laying around.

Going to use cr80 forks and run 250r wheels front and rear. Hopefully I can make the 250r front hub work so I have a front disc brake and convert the rear brake to disc too. It’s starting to get serious now lol

Stay tuned

--
    Hey did you ever get the TRX125 engine into the ATC110 frame?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //