--

Polaris 250r/es

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/mc...876648664.html

Man if this wasn’t so far from me I’d go get it right now

Edit: added screen shot
    Attachment 258303

--
    https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/mc...882534867.html

Original expired here it is again, surprised nobody’s bought it. Granted the owner states it needs a throttle cable, and for own curiosity I looked them up and they aren’t available, couldn’t even find used ones. Someone could probably figure something out though. I’d still like to get it though but it’s too far from me and I don’t really have the space anyway, even though I could probably get rid of something or rearrange some things, but alas, hopefully someone here will dig it and get it working. Sure polaris as a whole has a certain reputation but I think the forward neutral reverse cvt is kinda neat and it’s an air cooled two stroke.

--
    I've been looking at this myself and it looks fairly clean.
    Trikes Currently Owned

~1970 Honda US90 - Complete restoration
    ~1974 Honda ATC90 - Complete restoration
    ~1985 Honda Big Red 250ES ATC
    ~1986 Honda 250SX ATC

Looking for a new OEM Hondaline Working Light bracket/stay for my Big Red

--
    It looks great, i wish it could be mine, not sure what I’d be able to do about the throttle cable though, I’m sure someone more creative than I could figure something out though, or just hope one pops up on eBay I guess, but days would feel like years so I dunno

--
    I did a little more investigating and even though it’s discontinued there is a site that claims to have it, pricey though 127 dollars and ships in 19 to 25 business days. Seems a little odd. I just googled ‘Polaris scrambler 7080298’ the same part is used on the 85 and 86 scrambler as well as the 85 and 86 trail boss and nowhere else, too bad it’s not like yamaha where they use some of the same parts on things for 40 years or whatever

--
    https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/mc...889427168.html

repost expired here it is a third time.

Personally I think the price jump is nuts especially for putting a different carb on it, even if a proper polaris throttle cable was sourced i couldn’t see paying more than a grand

Guess i should have just made the trek when it was 700 oh well

--
    https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/mc...927935216.html

guess that carb didn’t work out, he has lowered the price even below the original 700, now it’s 600

--
    That’s all you there just use a carb from a quad and a cable
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Its some kind of like a ‘Y’ shaped cable, not sure if maybe for oil injection (if it has it, I’m not sure) or something. From what I’ve gathered the only exact interchange is from the same years (only 85 and 86) of polaris 4 wheeler. I’m sure the right person could figure it out maybe finagle a carb and cable from a snowmobile or atv/ dirt bike with injection (again, if it has it)

I would like to get it but the lack of parts availability makes me hesitant, and i don’t really have the extra space

edit: checked out parts fiche, it does have oil injection like I had assumed
    Last edited by HorseMcHorseman; 07-10-2019 at 02:44 PM.

--
    This is 10 minutes from my house. But I'm not really felling it....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //