//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Yt125 exhaust mods

--

Yt125 exhaust mods

What modifications can be done to the exhaust to help flow better. Can i take say a new expansion chamber and weld the flange from my yt125 on it or would that not work.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Exactly what do you want the engine to do?

I just looked at a yt125 exhaust and just about any other conventional 2 stroke expansion chamber will give you more rpm and mid and top end power. That being said, expansion chambers are rocket science and it may take some experimentation to find something that will work. Also, I seriously doubt any other pipe can easily be made to fit.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Exactly what do you want the engine to do?

I just looked at a yt125 exhaust and just about any other conventional 2 stroke expansion chamber will give you more rpm and mid and top end power. That being said, expansion chambers are rocket science and it may take some experimentation to find something that will work. Also, I seriously doubt any other pipe can easily be made to fit.
    Has good low end power. Looking to get some more top end.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by nmarciano19 View Post
    Has good low end power. Looking to get some more top end.
    You will typically loose bottom end power when you increase the rpm range. The entire rpm range typically moves up when you increase the rpm range.

I just saw this, so you could send the guy a message and ask if he ever figured out exactly which bike it fit and if he has any more of them.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/121655367463

--
    Please note, any changes requires rejetting.

The cheapest way for to increase power is to stick a YT175 pipe on it. Youll loose some bottom end power. To combat this, adjust the weights in your clutch. remove all but 10-8 balls. This will put your clutch in spec for the YT175.

Please note, the entire YT175 top end bolts on. Piston, cylinder, carb, pipe. This will nearly double your HP before any mods on the YT175 top end are done.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberSalt View Post
    Please note, any changes requires rejetting.

The cheapest way for to increase power is to stick a YT175 pipe on it. Youll loose some bottom end power. To combat this, adjust the weights in your clutch. remove all but 10-8 balls. This will put your clutch in spec for the YT175.

Please note, the entire YT175 top end bolts on. Piston, cylinder, carb, pipe. This will nearly double your HP before any mods on the YT175 top end are done.
    Didnt know that the 175 would go on. Ive heard of people on here put DT or IT top ends on, was always curious but never asked about it.

--
    They are the same excluding the clutch weights and top end.

Same cases, cranks, gears, etc.

The 1980 YT 125 is a weakling. I'd avoid to many mods on it.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //