//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha YT 175

--

Yamaha YT 175

I justed picked this beast up a couple weeks ago. I was suprized of the good condition it was in when i went to check it out.
    Heres how it looks after a little work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190424_212734.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	258344   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190404_205314_943.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	474.2 KB 
ID:	258343   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190424_212702.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	811.8 KB 
ID:	258342   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190424_212645.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	258345  

--
    Pics are sideways for some reason lol

--
    Ive done a bunch of work so far...Hydro rear brake...blaster carb...new reeds...front brake cable and shoes . Front wheel bearings too. . Also need to add my LED lights when they come in this week . Was going to do a 12 volt conversion but i dont want to take the stator apart now...maybe in the future . Gonna use a rechargeable scooter battery for the lights . Painted the wheels and brake drum. Rewrapped the seat . Had to make some new tabs on the seat pan...some were gone . The pan is in pretty good shape though . Also need to fab up a rear suspension and a better exhaust . Aftermarket are impossible to find anymore . Runs pretty strong . Probably gonna get some new rear tires soon . Have a honda thumb throttle and cable coming too . I was gonna use a blaster thumb throttle but motion pro wanted like 80 bucks to make a cable
    Last edited by 82cutty; 04-30-2019 at 10:14 PM.

--
    Reminds me of my YT175 (few pictures below). Triple Ported+boyesen ports, Home made pipe, Fitted blaster reeds, 30mm carb, cut head, slightly modded clutch (removed weights to increase stall and decrease clutch life lol). She ran pretty good once wrapped out.

You can cut the top of the air box to get it to breath better. without the airbox, the carb will dangle and rip the intake boot (ask me how i know... lol)

You don't need to take the stator apart to convert this to DC. You do need a bridge rectifier and a blaster voltage regulator.

The rear suspension is next to impossible to find.

As for cables, you can make your own relatively cheap. http://www.flanderscables.com. I switched to a premix. 2 years out of the top end while in the dunes. 32:1 mixture with lucas semi synthetic (i switched to maxima 927, it's better).

Everything was done at home, for cheap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Triple exhust after bore.jpg 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	258350 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake with boyesen after bore.jpg 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	258348 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blaster reeds in yt175.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	258347 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo05161538.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	258349 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	021.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	258346
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    I remember your youtube vids when you drilled out the boyeson ports years ago . Your bike ripped pretty good . I drilled out the air box lid to open it up and put on a uni filter . I'm going to make up a swingarm . Shouldnt be to bad to do . I also took out the auto lube and mixing at 32/1 . I might send the head in to Ken O . to get redesinged and get some more compression out of it . I had a yt 125 like 10 years ago and had fun with it . I have a honda throttle and new cable coming in this week . Honda recon 250 cable should be long enough...46in. . If not i'll have to make one . The stock throttle and cable are still good but they're ancient

--
    What exhaust pipe did you cut up to fit ?

--
    It was more than fitting a cut pipe. I ended up extending it about 8 inches in the header. I think it was a Noleen pipe for a yz125. The tuned length for each segment of pipe is critical.
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    As for the swing arm... If you can't find Protec set up(rare), you could try finessing another swing arm in there.

I was toying with an idea (and still am) about putting a blaster motor in a 175. There's a lot of benefits going this route. Counter Balanced, Manual clutch, 6 speed transmission, enough available after market to make a race fuel drinking 250cc drag racing machine... The blaster swing arm bolts to the blaster motor. This will keep sprockets and chain aligned. You also get the blaster and or banshee axles. As far as rear suspension, the blaster uses shock style, dozens of oem used shocks to pick from.

One downfall is that the blaster is kick start only. You'd have to use different fenders, cut yours, or find another solution to start the machine. I know of a guy who has a pull start 240cc set up in a YT175. Some one either used a YT175 flywheel and got the pull start assembly to fit the blaster, or they modded a blaster flywheel.

As for mounting, I've only laid a blaster motor in a YT175 frame. If i remember (been 8 years or so), 2 motor mounts lined up, one was the rear.

--
    I was thinking about getting a IT 175 pipe off ebay and see if i can get that to fit . Cut and rotate and re weld without changing any length to the pipe . It will bolt up to to yt cylinder so it should be easy to get to work . I have a blaster swing arm . The swingarm is not close to fitting into the yt frame . Ill get some steel stock and make a swing arm . Should be pretty easy to fab one up . Then figure out what shock to get . Ill use a banshee or blaster axle and carrier . One thing at a time . That's what i would like to do . With some rear suspension in there then I might build the motor so you can actually ride it lol .

My old blaster I just sold
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160219_034450_805_zps5mzek0vk.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	389.8 KB 
ID:	258360  
    Last edited by 82cutty; 05-01-2019 at 03:15 PM.

--
    I wonder how much modding the frame would need. to fit the swinger.

Maybe an IT swing arm modded to hold a carrier?

--
    The only stock swinger i seen...looking at a ton of them on ebay...that looks close to fitting is a yamaha breeze 4 wheeler . The honda 200x might fit with some mods also . I think it will be a lot easier to just make one from scratch .

--
    The aftermarket swinger's aren't very long so that will have to be considered when making one

--
    They didn't have much travel either.

I know that the wheels, being as close as they are to your seat, make it harder to slide. Another 6 inches back would have been nice back when i rode one.

--
    Yeah they sure are hard to slide around corners . Got to really hang your butt off the trike . Another 4-6in. longer than the the aftermarket swingers will probably be a good starting point .

--
    How wide was the blaster swinger compared to the frame? This idea keeps coming back up to mee. lol

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //