//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Need help with rear end on 1981 Honda 185s

--

Need help with rear end on 1981 Honda 185s

Hello, I am a new member to the forum and am hoping this is the correct place to be asking for help! I have a 1981 Honda ATC 185s that is currently in the process of getting a new rear sprocket. The problem I am having is, I had to cut one bolt off holding the sprocket on. Now I need tips on how to replace the bolts, and where to order them!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58933225_823830674639510_3565711892435435520_n.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	258357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58926215_315382772464234_6064121839129460736_n.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	258358  

--
    Can't really see much in the photos, they are like flip phone tiny photos. Generally bolts and such can be found on ebay, some are harder to find than others. If it's not a special bolt, generally it's fairly easy to find something similar enough to replace it. Just remember Honda's all have metric bolts, so you'd want to replace with metric.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by PRJ View Post
    Hello, I am a new member to the forum and am hoping this is the correct place to be asking for help! I have a 1981 Honda ATC 185s that is currently in the process of getting a new rear sprocket. The problem I am having is, I had to cut one bolt off holding the sprocket on. Now I need tips on how to replace the bolts, and where to order them!
    If those bolts are other than ps2 say's i am pretty sure you can still get from Honda.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Thank you both for the replies! I am mainly needing help getting to the bolts, getting the sprocket hub off the axle.

--
    Thank you both for the replies! I am mainly needing help getting to the bolts, getting the sprocket hub off the axle.
    Pull the axel. You will need to take the brake side apart.

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    Pull the axel. You will need to take the brake side apart.
    Thank you, I ended up reading the manual I have(its a great manual, just the worst index/reference I've ever seen lol). Appreciate your reply DAM!

--
    I have Honda and Clymer manuals. The indexing and layout suck. ESPECIALLY the clymer manual. Several things require you to use a couple different chapters when completely disassembling something. That's BS.
    Some things for engine tear down make you have to bounce back and forth from engine chapters to transmission chapters. It's a nuisance and lazy on the writers part.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Thank you, I ended up reading the manual I have(its a great manual, just the worst index/reference I've ever seen lol). Appreciate your reply DAM!
    Yes like Gabriel said sometimes they bounce you around to accomplish 1 task .did you get it out?

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    Yes like Gabriel said sometimes they bounce you around to accomplish 1 task .did you get it out?
    Yes, I got it out and fixed after multiple hours of hair pulling and profanity, she is back together! I have the clymer manual, what you mentioned is no joke, its a great book full of information, just put together horribly.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //