//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Works performance shocks

--

Works performance shocks

On a 2004 Polaris 90. Won't rebound, has an air port, does this get filled with nitrogen or air? No leaks leading me to believe the seals are good. Any suggestions?
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    The shaft should rebound without any spring or external force required if it is a pressurized shock and is properly pressurized. If it has a schrader valve, I'd expect that it is a pressurized shock (like 250R, 200X, 350X) but I don't know your specific shock, so don't just take my word for it. If it definitely is a pressurized shock, you're supposed to use nitrogen, although I've seen threads on-line that debate if this is absolutely necessary. I'm in the "only use nitrogen" camp on this subject.

Shops that offer shock service don't typically charge too much to charge a shock ($10-$20).
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    On a 2004 Polaris 90. Won't rebound, has an air port, does this get filled with nitrogen or air? No leaks leading me to believe the seals are good. Any suggestions?
    It should have "dry" nitogen if it does not use a badder because the dry nitrogen is claimed to not mix (aerate) with the shock fluid like air can, but pressurizing the shock has almost nothing to do with rebound. In other words, if the shock shaft is stuck partially down and it has a spring on it, it has bigger problems than no air, but you can temporarily pressurize it with air to anywhere from 50 to 100 psi and see what happens, you can also put the shock in a tub once it is pressurized and look for bubbles if it is leaking.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //