//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New Wire Diagrams I'm making what do you think?

--

New Wire Diagrams I'm making what do you think?

Started up a new site for hosting accurate down to the year/model wire diagrams, no generalization. I'm trying to make the gray'ed out area follow the harness layout how it splits and such so it's a bit easier to follow the physical harness on the diagram. I attached a couple below, but the best spot is to check out the site linked below. If there's any errors, please let me know. I'm also open to requests since I have so many to make I'm not really sure what order I'll make them in. I suspect ideally machines with really horrible or inaccurate diagrams would be the first targets.

I also plan to add service info for testing the electrical parts and guides like basics of how to use a multi-meter. I'm not the greatest writer, so open for anyone else to write some guides, even if it's simple things like how to change a headlight bulb. I also want to add pin out diagrams for the multi-pin connectors since they are poorly documented and often inaccurate.

I'm open to ideas/suggestions/requests, just pm or post below.

http://atvmanual.com (Click Honda on the left side, the home page is pretty empty atm)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails atc110-1981.jpg   atc90-us90.jpg   atc110-1985.jpg  
    Last edited by ps2fixer; 05-08-2019 at 09:08 PM.

--
    Top diagram is fine, just needs the switch pole locations shown like the bottom one.
    This is much needed. Those generalized diagrams suck donkey.
    Good work.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    What a nice service. Much easier to read and believe me we have had to remake plenty of 90 and 110 harnesses and those manual diagrams r a pain. Maybe something else to consider would be the distance between major splits. Headlight to taillight distance. Headlight to center plugs distance. This sure would make it easier when one has to unwrap a harness to repair some mouse chewed wires..
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Top diagram is fine, just needs the switch pole locations shown like the bottom one.
    This is much needed. Those generalized diagrams suck donkey.
    Good work.
    I'm planning to do that, but a little different. I planned to do it the same way the more modern manuals do it. The old style works great for someone that knows basic electronics (the switch icon for example, and normally opened vs normally closed, etc), but for the more general population, the newer diagrams use a table to say each state, and what the connections do. Below is an example of what I'm talking about. The headlight switch, kill switch etc would have a similar diagram to these.

Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    What a nice service. Much easier to read and believe me we have had to remake plenty of 90 and 110 harnesses and those manual diagrams r a pain. Maybe something else to consider would be the distance between major splits. Headlight to taillight distance. Headlight to center plugs distance. This sure would make it easier when one has to unwrap a harness to repair some mouse chewed wires..
    Ironically, my first diagrams I attempted started off that way. It's pretty hard to illustrate the lengths accurately, while also showing all wires. My attempt at a solution was to show the overall harness layout and feather out the wires were they come out and you could hover over them to see their route. I might continue with that style down the road, but it's a lot more work building an interactive diagram vs a static image. The dotted line indicates the harness covering, and the break out points are accurate for the order, just lengths are not to scale.

I'm not sure how well it would work, but maybe just a diagram that shows the harness layout and external harness wires with accurate lengths would work as a secondary diagram.

I do agree though, the ATC90 and ATC110 wire diagrams are a real pain to follow. The newer Honda diagrams seem to do alright. The diagrams in color is weird to look at, but for my eyes it's easier to follow a wire run. I'm still labeling colors and such for those that are color blind.

That ATC90/110 diagrams don't really have pin outs, but for the later models I plan to have some sort of pin key too so CDI pin outs are accurate and displayed in the diagram. I'm also adding in things Honda doesn't add in like the 250ES diode on the neutral/reverse sub harness.

Sadly the software I've tried out so far is fairly slow at building these diagrams, hopefully either I'll get better at it, or find something else that works well with vector graphics and snap to grid etc. Also the idea/hope is to work my way up from the 3 wheelers to the odyssey/pilot machines and early atvs, and if the site does well continue up to modern machines including side by sides and such. The catcher about this is the fact I have to buy the harnesses, or at a bare min study several photos to validate years etc. I plan to recreate the other branded 3 wheeler wire diagrams too since to me they are even worse than the ATC90 diagram. The only thing that's kind of a pain is to make sure years/models are accurate for the harnesses I get.

Anyway, good feedback so far =), pretty much all the stuff I had in my mind. I plan to rework the diagram above to move the alternator to the bottom so it closer matches the OEM diagram. Another idea I had rattling around in my head is like a connector type/size key. Like the bullet terminals have a image of them and label them as a 3.5mm Bullet Female Terminal for example. I'd think it would be useful, but maybe too much info is bad? I'm thinking to have notes like *s or something to add service info under the image to try to keep the main diagram fairly clean and easy to read.

--
    I think I have the diagram basically done. I did both black/white and color versions. If you find any mistakes, let me know and I'll update it. I'll get some sort of super simple pages setup for the site so they can be linked. File sizes are super small so even people with slow internet should be able to load them quickly (like me lol).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails atc90-us90_bw.jpg   atc90-us90_color.jpg  

--
    Looks great my man, your stuff is always top notch...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Looks great my man, your stuff is always top notch...
    I try my best =).

I've added the 1981 ATC110 wire diagram to the site linked below. It's a little faster now that most symbols and such I've created. I still have to add connector pin outs and update the ATC90 diagram with more details like the color table and connector type table.

http://atvmanual.com/wire-diagrams/atc110-1981.php

Also need to make a mod rewrite rule to use the same php file for all of these and maybe a lookup table in a database, but for now I'm just trying to make the site work, not be SEO or super pretty.

--
    Got another diagram done after researching and making sure it's as accurate as I can make it. Seems like there are no Honda wire diagrams for 82+ atc110? Are there any other machines that are lacking wire diagrams? My plan is to finish the whole ATC110 series of machines and continue on whatever makes sense.

--
    All of the ATC110 years are done except 1979-1980. I have a harness on hand, but finding good photos of the connectors has been a challenge. I've seen some conflicting info, so I'm wondering if 79 and 80 had slightly different harnesses, but partzilla reports them using the same part number.

Also, pretty interesting how much the 85 ATC110 harness changed in design.

My basic goal currently is to get a bunch of wire diagrams on the site, but in time I want to add the service info and such too. Are there any Honda released specs for the ATC110 alternator/stator? The generalized manual doesn't really go into those kinds of details too well, one could assume headlight + tail light is close to the rating since there's no regulator but figured if Honda released numbers it would be better to stick with their numbers for consistency.

--
    Your aptitude for all things electrical is simply amazing, thanks for this PS2!
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Thanks, I have no clue how I'm even good with electrical, it just seems simple to me, no proper schooling or anything, just messing around at home and some youtube videos on electrical components (capacitors, resisters, etc). Programming on the other hand has taken me 20 or so years to get good, and I'm still far from being the best or anything like that.

Small update for the site, I've been poking around trying to make google happy with the site for mobile users and such. One of the selling points for the software was that it works great on all platforms (mobile, pc, tablet, etc), however it seems the default templates don't hold that feature. Have to keep google happy so the site can rank well in searches so people can find the info lol.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Thanks, I have no clue how I'm even good with electrical, it just seems simple to me, no proper schooling or anything, just messing around at home and some youtube videos on electrical components (capacitors, resisters, etc). Programming on the other hand has taken me 20 or so years to get good, and I'm still far from being the best or anything like that.

Small update for the site, I've been poking around trying to make google happy with the site for mobile users and such. One of the selling points for the software was that it works great on all platforms (mobile, pc, tablet, etc), however it seems the default templates don't hold that feature. Have to keep google happy so the site can rank well in searches so people can find the info lol.
    Ps2,
    I'm wondering if some of this information here can be listed under technical information on the home page? There needs to be a way that folks can find this info without finding your post. Maybe it is listed somewhere on the site and I just missed it.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    That's partly why I fired up a new site, info is kind of hard to find here, so wanted a place to post solid info, wire diagrams, general tech info etc all in one place that google can index and hopefully be easy to find. The diagrams are open to be used on other sites, like posting on 3ww and such, I just ask to keep my markings for the credit for making them, and a link back to http://atvmanual.com for the source.

Ironically, I've been finding myself using the ATC90 and ATC110 wire diagrams I made quite a bit lately, so they help me out too lol. They are correct per year, no generalized diagrams, the connectors shown are what the stock harness has, at least for the ones I have on hand.

I went to the ER on the 16th, so just getting back into things. First is to catch up on part stock, then I'll probably focus on more wire diagrams. I'm half thinking about posting my stator notes on there too so if someone wants to rewind their stator, the wind counts and direction would already known for stock spec.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //