//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New owner of a '84 200 trike with questions.

--

New owner of a '84 200 trike with questions.

Hi, I bought a '84 Yamaha 200EL last summer from my uncle that was no longer using it. Bought it without papers and planned on doing the required steps to possibly get it registered later. I kinda shot myself in the foot, my original plan was to sit on it and fully rebuild it later, so I took it all apart (mostly). After talking to someone at the SAAQ (DMV here in Quebec), I need to get the cops here so they check the vin and ask me where I bought it, from who, get it weighted, then evaluated before I MIGHT possibly, not 100% sure, be able to get papers for it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z9w1N6vl.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	258387

So yeah, In order to do any of that, I need to put it back together, but when I took it apart, old seized bolts broke (only two of them so far, but both in the head, one for the exhaust and one on the cover. I probably need a better pair of vise-grip as the blue wrench failed. Figured that I might as well go deeper as I'll most likely have to drill it out and check the state of the piston while I'm doing that... Mistake #1.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bNAzxwLl.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	258386

Now my problem is that I'm looking for a rebuild kit and according to my vin, it's a 1984 YTM200EL. I see gasket kits and what not, but some will say that it doesn't fit my model when I specify 200EL. Is there something special about the 200EL or it's the same engine as the other Yamaha 200 trike? Is there a preferred brand for both an engine rebuild kit (piston/etc) and gaskets?

Thanks!

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    You can get a title/registration through the mail from Vermont in case you are able to use that to convert it to a Canadian one.

--
    Reviving my thread as I started looking into a piston again.

From the chart my VIN falls after 24W-100101-on, so 1984 YTM200EL, unless it's wrong. Am I looking for a specific kit for the EL or just for a '84 200? Thanks!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //