//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 Tri-Z 250 revving up to max rpm when the choke is on, neep help.

--

1985 Tri-Z 250 revving up to max rpm when the choke is on, neep help.

Hi all, been awhile. Anyway, I have a 1985 Tri-Z 250 that is revving up insane to the max rpm when I turn the choke on. When the choke is off it has a slightly higher than usual idle and still able to ride, but when the choke is on things get out of control with the motor. My compression is at 175 psi and so far I haven't seen any leaks anywhere on the bike. I am not sure what I am looking for next, because I was expecting an air leak? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
    Checked this morning, down to 165 psi.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcollector View Post
    Checked this morning, down to 165 psi.
    Drain the oil...milky? Down on radiator fluid? Sucked a head gasket, pop the top.
    Be sure you pin the water pump impeller and never reuse original seal for impeller on rebuilds. In time this is a leading cause to head gasket failure as well.
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 05-07-2019 at 12:47 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    Drain the oil...milky? Down on radiator fluid? Sucked a head gasket, pop the top.
    Be sure you pin the water pump impeller and never reuse original seal for impeller on rebuilds. In time this is a leading cause to head gasket failure as well.
    Oil looks good. Radiator fluid is filled. Obviously a leak somewhere because it has lost around 11 psi in about a day or so. No sure where to go from here, hoses are good, intake is fine, has fresh head gasket and base cylinder gasket about a month ago and haven't seen any leaks from that area.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //