//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350X Choke valve plastic replacement

--

350X Choke valve plastic replacement

So its time for a carb rebuild on the 350X. The choke valve plastic knob on top has cracked in 2 pieces making it unusable, of course its discontinued like everything else it seems. Looked around for used but no luck and anything out there is around 35 years old and likely to also have the same fate soon. Is there another similar keihin/honda carb model that uses a close choke setup anyone has found? I wouldn't even mind converting the lever setup to button type also.
    4 Strokes are NOT the wave of the future!

--
    I though the 350X choke was all metal? Just a rubber cap on top to seal it.

Or maybe your running the 400EX carb with the yellow plastic choke lever?

Did you mean the idle screw??
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    [QUOTE=Dirtcrasher;1495824]I though the 350X choke was all metal? Just a rubber cap on top to seal it.

I'm not talking about the metal lever. I'm talking about the plastic piece that threads into the carb body. The plastic piece also holds the brass choke plunger in the open and halfway position. It's broken horizontally and I had to extract the threaded portion out. I prefer not to take the choke out and seal up the orifice as 350x's can be a bear to start cold blooded.
    4 Strokes are NOT the wave of the future!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //