//ArrowChat Code

Thread: '84 Big Red 200ES dimensions

--

'84 Big Red 200ES dimensions

Does anybody have the dimensions for the stud on the frame for the rear brake pedal? The previous owner broke this stud off so I'm trying to fabricate something that the rear brake pedal can mount to. The ID of the brake pedal appears to be about 17mm.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

--
    I'm assuming you have a welder. Might be easier to graft a section from another frame. I know where a garbage 200S frame is. Be Sunday before I can get to it. If'n you're still in need next week, I'll let you know.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'm assuming you have a welder. Might be easier to graft a section from another frame. I know where a garbage 200S frame is. Be Sunday before I can get to it. If'n you're still in need next week, I'll let you know.
    Yes, I have a welder. I'm planning on cutting a 1" x 6" pipe nipple in half (to wrap around the frame tube), drill a hole in it, weld in a grade 8 bolt and then weld that to the frame. I think it should work just fine, as long as I get the bolt/shaft diameter correct.

--
    Whatever works for you.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by red_russian1 View Post
    Yes, I have a welder. I'm planning on cutting a 1" x 6" pipe nipple in half (to wrap around the frame tube), drill a hole in it, weld in a grade 8 bolt and then weld that to the frame. I think it should work just fine, as long as I get the bolt/shaft diameter correct.

An idea on lining it up is to hook up the spring and cable to the foot brake and line it up until it barely touches the bottom of the foot peg-Should be a stopper there.
    The frame has a cross piece there and the stud should be right above that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    With the wat that's torn out, I think you'd be better off cutting it all out and welding in a fresh piece. If I can get to the frame this weekend, I can cut out a large section and send it to you. You can have it for the cost of shipping. Ultimately it's up to you on how you fix it though.

--
    Sorry I been really busy lately. What did you decide to do to repair this?

I cut out a section from the junk frame if you still need it.

--
    I found a brass bushing that's pretty close to the ID of the brake pedal bore so I'm just going to weld that black pipe patch job over the damaged area. I think it'd be stronger than cutting up the frame to graft in a section. Thanks though.

--
    I'll pitch it under the bench. If your repair don't work out, it'll be here.
    Hopefully it'll work for you though.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'll pitch it under the bench. If your repair don't work out, it'll be here.
    Hopefully it'll work for you though.
    Don't forget to label the part so in 20 years when you find it again, you don't go wtf was this from? =D

I have some 200es's around, but they were all in pretty poor shape, if you have the brake lever, I suspect basing your sizes on that would be the best. I think normally there's a thrust washer after the brake arm is on the shaft, and a cotter pin or E clip holds it on.

Good luck with the repair and getting it lined up right.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //