//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Fender number plate decals

--

Fender number plate decals

Does anyone make a set of number plate decals for the rear fender of an R that DON'T need a 1/4" trimmed off the side to fit Maier fenders correctly?

And before somebody pops off with "get some scissors" I'd like to mention that when you pay almost $20 for a sticker, I shouldn't have to touch it with scissors.

They have no problem fitting the recess in OEM fenders so I guess I underestimated how many thousands of OEM fenders are still out there and getting new decals every day.

I want the decal set that fits the 30K Maier replacement rear fenders that have been sold for decades

Anyone have a set they used on Maier fenders that didn't wrinkle up in the corners because it was too big for the recess?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Maier used to sell them,have you called them directly?
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    If you can not find them you can have them made or buy the material and make them.yourself. you can use a piece of manilla folder or similar semi stiff material like poster board to make the pattern. One of the members here makes decals and I have his contact info if you want it, otherwise there are shops that can make it and possibly even kinkos or an automotive decal mfg like phoenix graphix in arizone whom uses high grade 3m paper.

--
    Had a similar issue with '83 200x Maier rear fender, had Bruce at Blue Line Graphics make me a custom decal set.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3374.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	938.3 KB 
ID:	258432

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	258433
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    Blue line graphics are nice

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Maier used to sell them,have you called them directly?
    No but I will try later today

After I stretched the first decal trying to get it positioned correctly, I went into a rage and wadded them both up and thew them in the trash.

After five minutes of "walking it off", I dug them out of the trash again to take pics and post here to see if anyone had any idea where to get the ones you don't need to trim.

--
    I saw by the pics things had not went well . Sorry.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //