//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 82 250R Front/Rear Caliper Swap Questions

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

82 250R Front/Rear Caliper Swap Questions

So, after doing some searching, I came up with nothing on the site. Nobody seems to be doing much with the Air Foolers and I can't find the s site anymore.

From what I have found, Big Specht is the only one that has done a modern swap of the rear caliper, but that is it. And it was just off some pit bike.
    So my front caliper is good. It is a little spongy, but nothing a fluid change and bleeding won't fix. The rear is completely locked up.
    I can get a brand new master cylinder and a rebuild kit for the caliper. If I can, I'd rather swap to something newer and better. If not, I'll continue on with the rebuild.

Does anyone know of modern swaps for either the front or back? Or even if older calipers will swap. For instance, if 200X calipers will swap in, that will help me out tremendously because there are a few modern calipers, like the CR 85, that will swap on.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobMonster View Post
    So, after doing some searching, I came up with nothing on the site. Nobody seems to be doing much with the Air Foolers and I can't find the s site anymore.
    Air Foolers moved to Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/119329801614/

--
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobMonster View Post

From what I have found, Big Specht is the only one that has done a modern swap of the rear caliper, but that is it. And it was just off some pit bike.
    So my front caliper is good. It is a little spongy, but nothing a fluid change and bleeding won't fix. The rear is completely locked up.
    I can get a brand new master cylinder and a rebuild kit for the caliper. If I can, I'd rather swap to something newer and better. If not, I'll continue on with the rebuild.

Does anyone know of modern swaps for either the front or back? Or even if older calipers will swap. For instance, if 200X calipers will swap in, that will help me out tremendously because there are a few modern calipers, like the CR 85, that will swap on.
    Hey jacob, if you are having an issue rebuilding let me know and I will help you out.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    Hey jacob, if you are having an issue rebuilding let me know and I will help you out.
    Same goes for me Jacob.

You can always pop down to the house again one weekend and we can see if we can get something done. Worst case, we drive to my shop and put the heavy equipment on it

--
    air cooled 250r front calipers are the same as 200x and im pretty sure the rears are too. partzilla.com will tell you but the swap for KX80/85 calipers has been done for years. Just because you swap something one thats different does not mean its going to last. Things wear out and need rebuild. If you have access to a welder and a machine shop you can put anything on anything after an hour.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    air cooled 250r front calipers are the same as 200x and im pretty sure the rears are too. partzilla.com will tell you but the swap for KX80/85 calipers has been done for years. Just because you swap something one thats different does not mean its going to last. Things wear out and need rebuild. If you have access to a welder and a machine shop you can put anything on anything after an hour.
    That is true. My point being is that when stuff does fail, it is much easier to get ahold of parts or to have professional mechanics work on them, if need be. I appreciate the info. I had forgotten about partzilla.

Sent from my SM-J337AZ using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Same goes for me Jacob.

You can always pop down to the house again one weekend and we can see if we can get something done. Worst case, we drive to my shop and put the heavy equipment on it
    We might have to plan something then

By the way, I'll be in your area next Thursday. I'm selling a Honda Twinstar and have to meet the buyer in Bowling Green. I'll only be 2 miles from the shop. I was talking with Tristan and I'm going to give him a text when I'm done. So hopefully if you guys are there and work isnt to crazy, I can swing in and say Hi. It's been waaaaay to long since I've seen you guys.

Sent from my SM-J337AZ using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //