//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC 125M front axle rebuild

--

ATC 125M front axle rebuild

Hi all,

I am rebuilding the front hub/brakes of my 85 125M. I have removed/blasted and repainted the front hub of my 125M. I removed the old bearings and got new ones, I removed the seals and packed the bearings with grease and replaced the seals. I tapped one bearing in and replaced the collar/tube then tapped the other one in (if I'm honest, I remembered to replace the collar only after tapping in both bearings and then having to tap one out - destroying the seal in the process and having to order another bearing). The axle was kind of tatty and a little bit rusted, so I polished it up with some steel wool. Now when I put the axle back in though, it spins within the inner race. The fit is still snug enough that there is no play, but it spins rather than the bearing actually rotating.

Is this acceptable? I assume that when the wheel is fit up and the weight of the machine and the driver is on the axle that it would rotate the bearing, but it seems kind of funny to me that the axle spins inside the bearing rather than the bearing rotating.

Any experience/advice with this will be helpful.

Regards,

Bernard

--
    When the axle nuts are tightened it will snug everything up and shouldn’t spin anymore . That’s the whole purpose of the center bearing collar .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Makes sense shortline10. Thanks for the insight.

--

ATC 125M Front axle solid!

Hi, sorry to bring up the old thread, I am in the process of doing up my atc 125M '84, got the front wheel off as part of head removal and just looking at the bearing for the front wheel, I have the wheel off of the hub but cannot for the life of me get the brake drum off or get the axle removed from the hub, any tips or will it just be 36 years of rust and grit? Had a look at the bearing that i can get at on the left side but they havent seen grease for a long time!
    Last edited by Baza_nov; 05-03-2020 at 08:17 AM. Reason: not complete sentence

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //