//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Sudden increase in new members

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    What I mean is if I were to post a build and only get a comment or two I would probably not continue to post if there is no interest.
    I think the "Thanks", "Likes", & "Dislikes" buttons are partially to blame for the lack of comments posted on the few builds that do go on. A lot of us use those buttons pretty frequently, in lieu of actually typing something.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    I think the "Thanks", "Likes", & "Dislikes" buttons are partially to blame for the lack of comments posted on the few builds that do go on. A lot of us use those buttons pretty frequently, in lieu of actually typing something.
    Ironically, I liked your post and thanked you for your post

Equally ironic, is that I'm now physically posting about my agreement and approval..... Which is what we should go back to, I think.

Buttons make things impersonal

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post

Equally ironic, is that I'm now physically posting about my agreement and approval..... Which is what we should go back to, I think.

Yep, they sure do
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post

I'm going to like and post to your post, because I like to like things and will most likely keep liking and posting no matter how many likes this generates.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    and i`d like to thank you for thanking me so i like you for liking me in case i forgot thank you for liking me and thank you for thanking me for liking you so that i can "like" you for thanking me.............you thanked me i know...........now i`m gonna bend over now and when i do ..........start "liking" me !
    you.

Are so.

Brave.

Like literally.

I like that... So much

i can't even

--
    That's right Glamy......

Bück dich befehl ich dir
    wende dein Antlitz ab von mir
    dein Gesicht ist mir egal
    bück dich
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    What I mean is if I were to post a build and only get a comment or two I would probably not continue to post if there is no interest.
    You have nice projects and I always like viewing your posts.

Sometimes it was a "one man thread" by myself on my threads at times but folks look and comments when I do things right or wrong and I always try to see them through...my projects

--
    Thanks knappyfeet.
    We have one we are redoing right now, in fact the last one we just did. We have a 110 long rod h&s stroker motor built with a high dome piston. Our machine guy thought he could get us enough piston to head clearance by modifying the piston and doubling up on the base gasket. It was close and he knew it would be. What I don't think he factored in was the dome of that hap Jones piston. Anyway the intake valve and piston kissed reached other and shattered the guide. It's back at the shop now. He confident he can clean up the piston and there was no damage to the cylinder at all. He thinking he can do so e modifying to the valve pockets to give us enough sguish room. Only other thing to do is fabricating a spacer plate, being those are pretty hard to come by..
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    I never really got the like/thank/dislike stuff, it's basically meaningless on youtube, even a high % disliked video still gets high search results etc. On here the topics are just sorted by newest last reply. I basically never use those links, I just type what I want to say and if it's something I don't like or whatever, give the constructive criticism from my point of view. I've had my views changed a couple times on here when presented with facts, experience, and such. Life is a learning experience.

Ironically, I'm one of the younger members, only 31. It does seem most members are 40's to 60's. Makes sense though, that age range grew up with 3 wheelers, I just happened to as well because my dad bought some used and I preferred them over the sports quad we had which is still sitting to this day.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    I never really got the like/thank/dislike stuff, it's basically meaningless on youtube, even a high % disliked video still gets high search results etc.
    I can tell you from personal experience that if a post gets enough dislikes here (which I think is 10), the text automatically disappears, and if you want to read the post to see why so many people are disliking it, you have to click on a link that is at the bottom of it, and when these disliked posts get compressed so you have to click on the link to read them, they get a lot more views because people are curious as to what all the hysteria is about. I LMFAO the first time I saw this because it seemed to cause the opposite reaction that the person in charge of the forum intended it to.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    That's right Glamy......

Bück dich befehl ich dir
    wende dein Antlitz ab von mir
    dein Gesicht ist mir egal
    bück dich
    Here's Google's translation:

Bend over is what I command you my goat of love
    Turn your sheepish face away from me so that behind your wooly tail I may closely stand
    Your face towards me I care not for now.
    Bend over

OMG Gabe...you're one sick puppy!

--
    I see, I get what the admin thought the reaction would be with the dislike thing like that, but yea if it's still viewable after it's "flagged" then a lot will read it and probably reply about it lol. I bet it still shows up in quotes too. Pretty weird plugin for sure, like a crappy copy of facebook's system I guess.

--
    That’s not right Barnes. Google translate is TERRIBLE. I dunno who wrote that software but they suck.

Those are lyrics from a Rammstein song by the way.

--
    You do know Rammstein does sing about some pretty sick stuff right? xD. Fun as hell drum beats to play on phase shift though (I'm not great, I just play on expert for the easier songs). Here's a vid of kind of what I mean, clearly not me, and it's guitar hero (console) but I use the same type of joke of a drum set to play on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvflVWqajvo

--
    Ohh yeah. Rammstein is awesome. ....and Till Lindeman is about as F’d up as you can get.
    Take it with a grain of salt though. They’re a lot of fun.
    You have to admit. Rammstein is very comfortable in their own skin.
    They have no shame.

Try out the lyrics to Küss Mich (Fellfrosch).

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //