//ArrowChat Code
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Sudden increase in new members

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    I was kind of questioning the same thing for myself lol. I don't think I'm too abrasive though.
    I think all of us can reflect in that pond.
    It sucks to get old

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I think all of us can reflect in that pond.
    And I can do my hair at the same time.

I try to keep my abrasiveness to around a 180 grit. Just enough to cause a nice rash.......
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    My burn out is associated with people and situations beyond you guys here posting. There has been nearly 20 years worth of nitpicking and infighting amonst this community, many, many, 2 hour or longer phone calls with different individuals trying to patch up bad friendships, entire riding trips out of area to try and do the same. Some out in the open, quite a lot behind the scenes, so a person does tend to get burnt out on that sort of stuff. Banning people doesn't really work effectively here (aka a gazillion dohc accounts). Facebook's block and ignore is miraculous. It makes internetting and sharing stuff with most of my friends an enjoyable process.

As far as the moderation and stuff i mean here is the thing, I've kind of always thought of myself more as a "steward" to this place rather than a ruler. I've watched, observed, made changes or guided it in ways I thought it would benefit from INDEPENDENTLY of what my own personal thoughts and feelings were in almost all cases unless my emotions really happened to get the better of me (It has happened a few times). That's not to say the place can be a lawless anarchy with God only knows what getting posted and thrown around here, but I certainly err on the side of Laissez-Faire rather than iron first. Come to think of it, I think a lot of that came about from complaints/suggestions of people saying that the mod team back in the old days was too harsh, and that people couldn't even pick on their friends jokingly without getting into trouble. And it is a kind of pain in the ass thankless job, but it can be rewarding and you can make some great friends too. I've met the best people from this site, and I suspect and hope I will continue to meet awesome people through it. I still like to build things, too.

Here's a workstation table I made for my real estate office w/ my 86 year old father out of literal scrap iron not 2 weeks ago;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55713647_10157801554629237_1074179687325892608_o.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	665.7 KB 
ID:	258594Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55959658_10157808144489237_5348800155581677568_o.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	868.0 KB 
ID:	258595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190504_090946.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	258596Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57348052_10157851985054237_8935287646641455104_o.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	525.0 KB 
ID:	258597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60333558_10157908640559237_1349310851311468544_o.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	599.6 KB 
ID:	258598

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    Is this directed at me? I'm kind of dense admittedly and a bit touched so I may need things spelled out more than most others...

In any case, people not being dicks in general would surely be helpful to the existing and also new membership.
    No I mentioned you because I got the impression that you were saying that you were tired of BS so you don't spend as much time here anymore (my confirmation bias). Your post at the bottom clarified that, so I guess I got the wrong impression. I didn't know there was moderating behind the scenes so much.

I'm feeling really aggressive in general after the open heart surgery for some really wierd reason so I guess I got triggered while I was railing on about not being triggered... My own hypocrisy in display.

Personally, I don't like arguing and personal ribbing isn't the same thing for any two people. I remember when we were complaining about the iron fist thing and how you guys let off compared to say, 2005.

The problem is that people have told me that they left because they were sick of the drama or don't post because of the drama..... Well they either never came back or they choose to stay silent and it's not my job to speak for anyone, so I'm conceding. I got tore up because I'm afraid I'm going to wake up one day, and it will all be gone like s because everyone ran away and websites ain't cheap or lazy work.

The whole point of all of my responses in this thread was that maybe we could police ourselves better. Bans keep out the people who respect a ban enough to stay away. The real dicks just keep signing up. Brian Raffa and Tim Sr, etc. didn't keep making accounts and troll the place.

I'm becoming one of those "get off my lawn" guys and I should just STFU more often. It's hard to tell what kind of inflection (?) a person is using. Are they being smardazz buddies busting your chops or is it a patronizing reply from a person who masturbates to their own reflection. To hard for me to tell online these days
    Last edited by ironchop; 05-28-2019 at 01:39 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    I'm not sure if any of your post pertains to my post, but I would like to clarify just a wee bit:

I'm not advocating people visiting here should be treated like crap. I think a lot of us where "hazed"(for lack of a better term) when we first showed up here. Hell it seems to be SOP when you're a noob on a forum to get a rash of shyte when you first join, sort of a rite of passage much like when you join a new group of friends, a new friend joins your group, or you get on a different crew at work.

My main point was focused on the ones who whine about "drama", and that definitely ain't you 'chop.

A while back we had some *cough* spirited discussions going and we'd have members pop in just to say sh!t like "This is why people don't stay on 3WW! Too much drama!! fakebook is better!! They wouldn't add anything to the discussion, or very little. Just make a post about the drama and that's it.

This is the bigger problem, and most everybody here knows who the perps are.

There are times when I've had my fill of the above mentioned BS and I tip da fack out of a thread. Insecure little beeyotches ain't worth it. I'm sure they take it as a victory and stroke their infantile, miniscule little egos and makes them feel like they have some kind of power. It's actually rather sad.

So should we stop being dicks? Wait, I have a better idea! The individuals who are being dicks should knock it the fack off. It's not like the whole membership does it.
    I wasn't sure what you meant and I was in a foul mood so my post didn't make much sense. It wasn't directed at you.

PS2, I just don't think it's the software but I'm no expert I could have left out the 'smfh' part...I apologise for the dick move.

Glamy, why you dislike my post? You dislike more of my posts more than anyone else. You know why I say dick stuff to you? It's because you get so tore up and start throwing rocks at us because you think our collective outrage is insufficient. Nevermind that our righteous outrage would do nothing, affect nothing, or even feel threatening one bit to the cabal that perpetrated all these genocides. Stop yelling at us lackeys because the Elite won't quit devil worshipping and drinking adrenochrome. Why can't we have a discussion where one of you two doesn't get infuriated because we aren't already loading our rifles and mustering troops? 14 people from a three-wheeler forum aren't enough to save the country man. Do you just need to yell or what?

If we really are that stupid, how dumb do you have to be to want to lead a bunch of stupid sheeple into revolution. I would go look for smart people and leave us dummies to get zombie eaten

I dislike that you dislike my post because maybe you dislike me which I simply dislike the thought of that. It's just dislikable

--
    Not a problem, software effects atmosphere a bit, but moderation/rules and such does more. There's some tricks to better track people even on proxies etc, idea is to make it more of a pain for them to get around the ban/block than what it's worth for their giggles or whatever they get from it. Same logic as spammers, make it hard for them, and they spam elsewhere most of the time.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    If you monopolize ones anus, do you not pass go and not collect $200?

Or is posting about monopolizing ones anus sh!t posting? I'm wiped out.........
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    No .....i "like" you too much..........i wanted to be the first to Monopolize your ice hole ...........and if you "like" that...........you might "thank" me for my ice hole...........i don`t think too much about this site............but it pains me to see so much anguish over words on the internet............being a hippie from the 60`s i was a little disappointed with the "evolution" of man kind ,,,,,,,,,,,,i`m gonna quote you ........"lets raise awareness so that others won`t put hamsters in their ? "........well you know ..........no Chop it just seemed like you were backing off the throttle .........which is not "like" you ..........i wish you a speedy recovery ..........so that i can offend and Monopolize your anus ......
    Yeah I was born in 71 and I'm pretty alarmed at the de-evolution in mankind taking place as well though I have less experience than you. I own Idiocracy on Blu-ray and it's not even funny anymore. It's more nauseating.

You're right, I did back off the throttle. It IS unlike me. But just like any time in real life, I get into an argument with a friend or somebody I like, I HAVE to back off. I have this stupid temper and I ALWAYS make things exponentially worse in any number of ways when I get real mad.

Fabs used to say that people can disagree on here and then go to TF for a week and makeup. I can't. I hold grudges. I confront people if I'm really not able to get past it, so to speak

I'm an average intelligence guy who makes stupid, brutish choices and I'm trying to reign that in. My grandson is afraid to come near me. He's four. When I recognize that I'm about to say something mean to a friend, loved one, or a person I respect, I have to learn to back off the gas pedal. Once that stuff falls out your mouth or into a post, you can't take it back.

I'm a 3X Grandpa and I can't be jumping out on people at traffic lights or publicly yelling at a 20 year old kid at a packed lunchtime Wendy's for cutting in line and making him move back.

In my mind, I still think people are too easily hurt, some bullying is necessary for some fools, and it would be nice if we could have some dark humor and call each other cupcakes and fruit-holes but we aren't the only people in here. I'm willing to try and conduct myself in a gentlemanly manner for the sake of continuity...... Not cum-by-yall or give peace a chance but just maybe not be so Slayer all the time.

Now I'm sick of talking about being nice. It's nauseating. I don't care what happens here after this and Lord knows I don't have any solutions to the problem.
    Last edited by ironchop; 05-28-2019 at 09:23 AM.

--
    Here lies part of the issue in my opinion with this site and all of us passionate member's that partake in our daily discussions. This thread started off as a open ended question. "Has anyone else noticed a sudden increase in new member's" and has ended up here. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that but we do this more time's than not meaning we trail off the original subject and the post turn's into something good or bad. Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that but when a new member comes on and decides to jump into a thread that he thought may help him ( not this one in particular) how frustrating it might be for him or her to quickly discover that he is in way over his head as to what the H is going on.
    I enjoy all of your company and have also gained a lot of knowledge beacuse of that and I like that we talk about more than just trikes on here. With that being said I do think that we scare a lot of people off because we do trail off subject once in a while. I am not sure how one would prevent that from happening, keeping post conversation relevent to the original topic. Being that I am a fairly new member compared to many of you, I do see this as an issue.
    As far as hurting ones feeling's and getting offended "if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen" It's easy to bash one another through words not so easy in person. There was a member on here when I first joined that took a pretty bad bashing from some folks here. I myself refuse at times to engage in that type of behavior, i would much rather concentrate on myself and my action's. So my answer to that member was to just drop out of the conversation. Beleive me when push comes to shove and I am attacked I can get pretty mean have done so all my life and still continue to do so just not as much. But what I can do and have learned to accept is that some folks are arse holes and are not worth my time and energy to exchange words with especially on line. I'm like you Chop if it bugs me bad enough I'll seek someone out and confront. Needless to say that person is no longer on this site for many reason's I'm sure. I also think he could have saved himself alot of anquish by just backing off. That's all I have to say about that..

"Peace,Love and Drugs."
    "Ass, Grass or Gas, nobody rides for free"
    "If you can't dazzle them with brillance, baffle them with Bullshit"
    Last edited by DAM shop; 05-28-2019 at 05:28 PM.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post

In my opinion, it was so the mods could be lazy and keep all the newbs in one confined area. Then all the mods bailed anyway.
    Not all the mods " bailed "..A lot of people that active post around here are members from 2012 and up..And it is not much. Sure you can blame FB or whatever..But after 2010 a lot of things just changed for the bad. When Tim Sr left, he was the hard nosed moderator that was kind of the Iron Fist this place needed..Billy needed a new police force that would take that up. Me and one other was stupid enough to be the bulldogs..As his outlook changed for " more quantity" members our leashes were tightened, then eventually just told to lay off while the mod team had " endless roundtable " discussions on what to do with dumbasses that were ruining the forum, which is how the like buttons, and new member forum developed along with other avenues..Those old enough may recall the " super hero, alter ego moderation team".. It was stupid but we tried it.
    I will admit, I pissed many off, and made mistakes.....but the majority of those people had problems gelling with the rules and herd..Soon all the original forum rules, were peeled away one by one, and bulldogs became bullies for enforcing rules that were no longer in effect..
    My wife was very active as a Admin and was a direct replacement for Tim SR back in 07..Looking back we thought it was to spite Tim, but I really think at one point Billy really appreciated her, more than me, and the contributions around here... She was cast to the curb for no reason after me having a Go around with Billy over him letting a fellow mod and a few members attacking her personally and threatening her business. For some Reason, Billy just could not understand the concept of me defending her, and how his lack of assistance enraged me. "We had to let these few assholes have enough rope to hang themselves" all the while attacking some pretty hard working contributing memebers....We tried to talk it out, I had my wife remove me as a moderator so that she could stay and admin, then he removed her shortly after. I am over it, I really do not care anymore. I know Billy will read this, maybe have a knee jerk reaction, or hopefully just see the message for what it is and realize now, this is what is left..Dust, lost friends, forum changes good or bad, etc..I am happier to be off duty, my wife is happy to have it off her back as well..Billy may be happier he has his self moderation let anything go forum under his belt now and he dont deal with us or a few others... I see the same 25 new people post it turns into anal discussions and derails..Maybe that was the environment everybody gets along with these days..Maybe we are all still friends but to proud to talk and say that..It was all stupid ..Arguments that either side was just not going to come to terms with...
    There used to be 180 to 300 members online at a given time..Pages went 3 deep in 30 minutes...
    Maybe FB ruined it..Maybe I ruined it..Maybe Billy Ruined it Maybe Tim Sr Ruined it..Maybe Racing ruined it..Maybe it all ruined us..Maybe some of society just missed a good child hood ass beating or 2 and have daddy issues..But Neither of us quit as mods...We were shown the door....
    Last edited by Mosh; 05-29-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Sounds like to me that this site could survive with a few mod/admin changes. Nothing against any of the mods/admins now but maybe it's time for some new blood..

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Why do you think that ?...........why do you need any moderation ?...........Mosh admits he pucked up the site.............spit it Dam shop ........ Tim Sr was running kids out for riding their bikes to and from riding areas cause they had no truck ! :cry .......how uncool is that ?.... whiny little biotches !
    oh Glamy, The fact is that all things go through growing pains. maybe having someone activly involved in making a few changes here or there for the better of the site is all I meant. Moderation maybe not so much, changes to make the site a bit more inticing to newbies and exsiting memebrs .. I don't have the answers but when someone or something refuses to change it's just the same old same old..

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    .....why don`t we discuss some of our "quality" newer members ?

Don’t leave out the less than quality new members too.
    Glamy. Hi Glamy!
    You better like my post or I won’t like yours.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    ...........Mosh admits he pucked up the site.............
    Glamy, can you do me a favor and either remove, or apologize of that particular comment?

In turn I’ll admit in advance that I’m a dick for a lot of what I’ve posted up pertaining to some of your posts (and those of others) and maybe, just MAYBE the well thought out words in this tread by Doug, Billy, Mosh and a few others can actually be pondered and embraced by the few of us that remain on here and lead to a more interactive and friendly environment?

What do you say?
    It sucks to get old

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Glamy, can you do me a favor and either remove, or apologize of that particular comment?

In turn I’ll admit in advance that I’m a dick for a lot of what I’ve posted up pertaining to some of your posts (and those of others) and maybe, just MAYBE the well thought out words in this tread by Doug, Billy, Mosh and a few others can actually be pondered and embraced by the few of us that remain on here and lead to a more interactive and friendly environment?

What do you say?
    It is quite okay really. That is the beauty of having the experience of dealing with people over the years. At some point you figure out you will not change somebody's mind. No matter who is right or wrong, when pride gets in the way, there just will not be a reasoning with a person not open to analytics. He has never liked us, never will. I could go to the ends of the earth to kiss his ass, and he will still refer to my wife's career as
    " custom cunt cushions" because that is what he wants to believe..Even he can not admit to the fact that I am SO GREAT in my existence on this mudball, that he actually believes I, single handedly, ruined a 15,000 member forum..However, out of a 200 word paragraph, that is what he wants to piece together and distribute to any weak minded fool that will buy into his bullshit....I mean really I should be flattered with his narrow minded assessment of my " greatness, " that I alone.... solely could have achieved such an accomplishment. I am at peace with him..Really I am at peace with all my enemies. They have no outcome on my day to day life. If their negativity makes them feel good, then let them enjoy it..Some people just want to watch the world burn....Nobody can change that.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //