//ArrowChat Code
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Sudden increase in new members

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    No ..........you`re one of the biggest drama queens on here...........you bend and twist peoples words to manipulate for your own agenda..........maybe you should hold your breath for that ..........let them speak for themselves .........
    Thanks Glamy. I figured you'd take the opportunity to step up on the stage and show us what it is you're really made of and you came through with flying colors.

Have a nice day
    It sucks to get old

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Well, one things evident from this thread. People are still passionate about the place. That's a good thing.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    Not all the mods " bailed "..A lot of people that active post around here are members from 2012 and up..And it is not much. Sure you can blame FB or whatever..But after 2010 a lot of things just changed for the bad. When Tim Sr left, he was the hard nosed moderator that was kind of the Iron Fist this place needed..Billy needed a new police force that would take that up. Me and one other was stupid enough to be the bulldogs..As his outlook changed for " more quantity" members our leashes were tightened, then eventually just told to lay off while the mod team had " endless roundtable " discussions on what to do with dumbasses that were ruining the forum, which is how the like buttons, and new member forum developed along with other avenues..Those old enough may recall the " super hero, alter ego moderation team".. It was stupid but we tried it.
    I will admit, I pissed many off, and made mistakes.....but the majority of those people had problems gelling with the rules and herd..Soon all the original forum rules, were peeled away one by one, and bulldogs became bullies for enforcing rules that were no longer in effect..
    My wife was very active as a Admin and was a direct replacement for Tim SR back in 07..Looking back we thought it was to spite Tim, but I really think at one point Billy really appreciated her, more than me, and the contributions around here... She was cast to the curb for no reason after me having a Go around with Billy over him letting a fellow mod and a few members attacking her personally and threatening her business. For some Reason, Billy just could not understand the concept of me defending her, and how his lack of assistance enraged me. "We had to let these few assholes have enough rope to hang themselves" all the while attacking some pretty hard working contributing memebers....We tried to talk it out, I had my wife remove me as a moderator so that she could stay and admin, then he removed her shortly after. I am over it, I really do not care anymore. I know Billy will read this, maybe have a knee jerk reaction, or hopefully just see the message for what it is and realize now, this is what is left..Dust, lost friends, forum changes good or bad, etc..I am happier to be off duty, my wife is happy to have it off her back as well..Billy may be happier he has his self moderation let anything go forum under his belt now and he dont deal with us or a few others... I see the same 25 new people post it turns into anal discussions and derails..Maybe that was the environment everybody gets along with these days..Maybe we are all still friends but to proud to talk and say that..It was all stupid ..Arguments that either side was just not going to come to terms with...
    There used to be 180 to 300 members online at a given time..Pages went 3 deep in 30 minutes...
    Maybe FB ruined it..Maybe I ruined it..Maybe Billy Ruined it Maybe Tim Sr Ruined it..Maybe Racing ruined it..Maybe it all ruined us..Maybe some of society just missed a good child hood ass beating or 2 and have daddy issues..But Neither of us quit as mods...We were shown the door....
    Rob - I remember certain aspects of this differently, but that's okay. I could be wrong. Despite the blow ups and tensions over the years I really did consider you and Tammy both to be good, close friends of mine at times. Maybe you don't care and my mere existence here will just piss you off more again, but for whatever it's worth, sorry we each wound up on the sides we did. Definitely seems to be some irreparable feelings on both sides and I get that.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Billy, I made a lot of stupid mistakes..Selfish, prideful mistakes. Our existence here, and what has come from those good days still pays dividends, For both you and us I think.
    Nothing was so bad between us that I would consider it non repairable. I mean really, we let a couple of jealous dick swinging idiots pit us against each other....And I truly mean that. I know why you did things a certain way at certain times, and I would guess we are both wiser now, than we were just 6 short years ago...I would still consider us friends enough that we could get together anytime at a ride, and just not even talk about that stupid ...We had a lot of good times
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    Well, one things evident from this thread. People are still passionate about the place. That's a good thing.
    We are. I've tried saying phuck it several times, but the site and the people keep drawing me back. I've even tried to resurrect my affection for trikes several times over the last few years and get disgusted with them mostly because of Facebook, but I always come back here.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I will commend you on one thing ..........the anger management classes have paid off ..........you`re demeanor has definitely improved ........but you still twist it up to support your butt hurting over things from the past .........sure are a lot of new members coming in .........WOW !
    Thanks...I think?

It has come to my attention not too long ago, the reasons for your aggression and behavior. Not only to me and my family, but to others as well.

If the information I have is even slightly true than I have only one thing to say..

I really hope the best fortune for you and your family, and I truly mean that.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    I stay around here because while facebook connects everyone and has the potential to be a great asset to the trike community, it's usefulness is lost on the ones that don't appreciate them and it's either an object for them to brag about or a "rare vintage hard to find never see again $2000 beat to 185" along with the people that would trip an old lady to beat someone else to buying it. This place has tons of useful information, and history that blows facebook out of the water.

90% of trike stuff i see on facebook is:

Kids seeing how hard they can wreck the old 200
    People who have seen too many picker shows
    "My 3 wheeler is better than your 3 wheeler"

I can trade the occasional thread turning to for what this site provides. I don't have to keep up with it.

On facebook, i don't have any option but to wade through the swamp of bs to find what im looking for.

Maybe im looking in the wrong places on FB?
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    Blog Entries
    so since everyone is here in this thread - what i'm hearing so far is ;

Remove the new member restriction (Just remember the classifieds will open back up to every Tom dick and harry also)
    Condense forums (some could be done probably, not sure how I feel about doing a lot of that)
    everyone tries to be nicer and more accommodating to new members

'My missing anything else?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    so since everyone is here in this thread - what i'm hearing so far is ;

Remove the new member restriction (Just remember the classifieds will open back up to every Tom dick and harry also)
    Condense forums (some could be done probably, not sure how I feel about doing a lot of that)
    everyone tries to be nicer and more accommodating to new members

'My missing anything else?
    If possible might I suggest some sort of label for the new members for say the first 3 months? Maybe instead of Armchair Racer it says Member in Waiting or something of that nature, or the avatar is a yellow warning triangle by default that reminds people that these are newbies before they start wiring money.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Blog Entries
    Oh brother.......might i possibly suggest you look at the post count ?.............Butt here comes the wacky new Maid............he`s not the Maid we wanted...............but he`s the Maid we got......

I been the maid here almost 20 years brosef...lol

--
    Oh brother.......might i possibly suggest you look at the post count ?....
    As in 3438 posts without a single build thread or useful bit of mechanical information? Just saying.

There are people who have been on this site for over a decade and have less than 50 posts.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 05-31-2019 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Have your words been twisted ....sister?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    As in 3438 posts without a single build thread or useful bit of mechanical information? Just saying.

There are people who have been on this site for over a decade and have less than 50 posts.
    Glamy’s just the comical relief, the site wouldn’t be the same without him....
    Just gotta work on gettin’ Fabio back here.....
    Shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Just gotta work on gettin’ Fabio back here.....
    Shep
    What's to work on? His ban was self imposed.

It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    What's to work on? His ban was self imposed.

Very true- I was just getting at he seemed to be the policeman around here when it came to guys getting shafted on money or parts owed. He seemed to do a lot behind the scenes to help in those situations.
    You’ve gotta admit that even though you guys have your different opinion on things, or am I wrong.

Shep
    Damn this keyboard is small.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Very true- I was just getting at he seemed to be the policeman around here when it came to guys getting shafted on money or parts owed. He seemed to do a lot behind the scenes to help in those situations.
    You’ve gotta admit that even though you guys have your different opinion on things, or am I wrong.

Shep
    Damn this keyboard is small.
    I enjoyed having John on the site, his attempts to right wrongs were noble and some of his posts were awesome, but not so much when he was telling people who engaged him on topics how stupid, or ignorant that they were when their beliefs differed from his. I think its safe to say he’s run off at least as many members as he’s attracted and the same can be said for a few of us on here myself included.

Good luck getting him to break his vow
    Last edited by El Camexican; 05-31-2019 at 12:31 PM. Reason: It's a sad day when Glamy has to be the moral compass of the site
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //