//ArrowChat Code

Upcoming Events for the Next 120 Day(s)

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 187

Thread: Sudden increase in new members

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MI, USA
    --
    3,304
    Just watch some of their music videos, I like the german rock though. I enjoyed Gamma too. Not many people over here have herd of them probably. My dad had to import the CD's from Germany, Gamma 1, 2, and 3 in the set. The vid below shows the little 1, same thing as my dad had in his set.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXhrIwIXFow

    Another song, this might have been aired on the radio a bit.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBCV...9626668BB53155


    I really wish someone would fret the gamma songs for the game I play. Heck drums are fairly easy to figure out maybe I should mess around and try to learn that some day. The beat sounds pretty fun the play too.

    Yea, I'm one of the rare people that likes music from before I was born lol. Some of the modern stuff is too hip/hop and rap for my taste.

  2. #62
    Arky-X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arkansas
    --
    325
    My 19yo daughter informs me fB is for old people. For her generation it is InstaGram and SnapChat (whatever the hell those are). fB is when they need to talk to the older crowd.
    So for most of us, it's not young people on fB....it's a little younger than us that are on fB.

    I've learned lots of tips here but when I search for something, most of the tips were posted 10 years ago. I don't see a lot of new revelations. I'm just as guilty though because I don't have a lot to share innovation wise. I'm an imitator, not an innovator.

    Ich wohne gleich um die Ecke
    (that's my contribution from my 1 year of German in high school)
    Last edited by Arky-X; 05-22-2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: How old are we?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MI, USA
    --
    3,304
    SnapChat is like a video chat app for cell phones, it's like calling your friend on the phone but you see each other, not sure if it does any more than that, doubt there's any sort of groups and such for a common subject. Instagram is just for posting photos, could show off builds there etc easily, but if you had questions, someone that wanted to help you would have to be "following" you to even know you posted a question. I'm pretty sure the post for help type of stuff would never work on them platforms, facebook in theory could work great for it, and forums are great for it because of the archive of data, aka learn from your mistakes. There's a cellphone app for everything any more, and about 50% of all internet users are using a cellphone. I like a big screen and details, seems most cell users are more along the lines of min typing (because it's a pain), and shorter messages fits on their tiny screens better. I just can't grasp the concept, and I'm at the older end of the generation using them. I get that it's nice for the data anywhere any time, but at home, screw the tiny screen, give me at least a laptop to work on.

    BTW, my sister is 19 as well lol, she uses those apps too, so that's kind of how I know a tiny bit about them. She uses a laptop though when she wants to see something lol.

  4. #64
    barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    minnesota
    --
    5,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    Ich wohne gleich um die Ecke
    (that's my contribution from my 1 year of German in high school)
    GOOGLE TRANSLATION:

    Naked behind my goat I stand erect.


    .............Holy crap!

    .............

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MI, USA
    --
    3,304

  6. #66
    Arky-X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arkansas
    --
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    GOOGLE TRANSLATION:

    Naked behind my goat I stand erect.


    .............Holy crap!

    .............
    Not quite.....try again

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Tn.
    --
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    And i`d like to thank you for thanking me so i like you for liking me in case i forgot thank you for liking me and thank you for thanking me for liking you so that i can "like" you for thanking me.............you thanked me i know...........now i`m gonna bend over now and when i do ..........start "liking" me !
    Damn Glamy.......you crack me up!
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

    * 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

    * Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

    * HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Tn.
    --
    1,149
    I'm with Chop. You have to have tough skin to hang around here or you may get your feelings hurt. I think a lot of the people with knowledge stay away because of some of the BS that goes on. It doesnt bother me but I'm sure in todays world some are offended. Years ago I spent alot of time on a Chevelle site. Same thing happened over there. Now it's like here you have the same 6 people doing all the posting.
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

    * 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

    * Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

    * HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    --
    7,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Farrow View Post
    I'm with Chop. You have to have tough skin to hang around here or you may get your feelings hurt. I think a lot of the people with knowledge stay away because of some of the BS that goes on. It doesnt bother me but I'm sure in todays world some are offended. Years ago I spent alot of time on a Chevelle site. Same thing happened over there. Now it's like here you have the same 6 people doing all the posting.
    I belong to multiple motorcycle and a couple car/ truck sites. The interaction aside from “post problem = receive opinions” is almost nil. Everyone comes across as having the personality of a dish rag.

    I had my chops busted pretty good when I came on here, but I survived it. Unfortunately thin skin seems to be a millennial trait from what I see in the workplace, so I get where any amount of cyber-hazing would send them straight back to the reassuring comfort of their like minded socially/politically correct friends rather than stick around and try to figure how to answer a follow up question they don’t understand regarding their mechanical issue, or trying to figure out what makes Glamy tick.

    What is great about this site other than the interaction is the information. I can’t count how many times I’ve been researching a mechanical, but not trike specify topic only to have a thread on this site pop up.

    There’s a ton of gold on this site, but you have dig through a lot of to get to some of it.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MI, USA
    --
    3,304
    Yep, there's defo a gold mine of info stored here. I'm tempted to make a bot to scrape the site of data, just to have a personal copy of the posts as an archive lol. I could delete the junk as I run across it that way =).

    I grew up in the country, basically everyone out here is thick skinned. Get anywhere near a fair sized city and everyone is offended at everything. It's so bad, if you say a Mexican speaks Spanish they get offended for the Mexican, even though they don't know that they do speak Spanish. I'm floored at some of the stuff I've seen and just how bad it is out there. California has an interesting group of people, I'll leave a Mark Dice "social experiment" video here and you be the judge...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIvea_QWF4g

    Maybe one more, have to love his "thanks for demonstrating that" thing.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CdfsCz1oKo

    He does a lot of political related stuff, I tried to stay a little clear from that, but the personalities seem to relate to their political stance quite a bit.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    TN
    --
    1,001
    That’s twice Barnes. Nobody’s talking about sheep or goats. You think maybe you’re projecting your personal life into this conversation???
    Amateur Resurrectionist

  12. #72
    barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    minnesota
    --
    5,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Thatís twice Barnes. Nobodyís talking about sheep or goats. You think maybe youíre projecting your personal life into this conversation???
    Nope...cuz I like Llamas!

  13. #73
    Billy Golightly's Avatar
    Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Oak, FL
    --
    14,858
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    I think the "Thanks", "Likes", & "Dislikes" buttons are partially to blame for the lack of comments posted on the few builds that do go on. A lot of us use those buttons pretty frequently, in lieu of actually typing something.
    That's a pretty interesting observation and gives me something to think about...

    I'm still around - just been busy last few years building a business but finally starting to get it where it needs to be it seems.

    The one major delineater is, I'm willing to bet most all of you guys are using 3WW here on desktop/laptop PCs, and not just accessing it from your phone, right? Some Tappatalk I'm sure, but the percentage of smart phone usage vs desktops has completely flipped. Like back in the day you know we all were texting with flip phones basically, the technology has just shifted. And Facebook was the first one to really make that handheld experience just work and flow right. Their picture uploading process and just the general format of sharing media and "short hand" posts is just cutting edge, no one else has a better way for humans to spit out what their brains are thinking a fraction of a second after the thought than their system. Your phone is always in your hand and the method to communicate thoughts and information through that platform is as smooth and seamless as anything else we have on the planet currently until there is actual neural connections to computers which probably isn't far off...

    Forums like this were never even designed or thought of with mobile usage in mind. I think I said this a couple years ago, but I'll also make the argument that utilizing a real computer to interact generally increases the quality of posts also, where its not just a mental diarrhea. I mean, for sakes, back in the day (10 years ago) if you were working in the garage or shop, you had to physically put the tools down, go in the house, open up 3WW and run a search or make a post about a question or something. Now your phone is in your back pocket (at the furthest) and you hit literally 3 taps and your posting something in Facebook or a group. I'm just as guilty and a creature of this habit too - thats one reason I can analyze it so well..lol.

    So the new member restriction thing - lets revisit that history briefly. This was put in place back in 2011, at a time when most of the veteran members here were complaining about all the "FNGs" joining and asking the same question, over, and over, and over in Trikesylvania, or 5 people per week asking "what is git it rag and why do you guys keep saying, it is dumb?". People were getting scammed more often than they should have through the classifieds by people showing up here literally to sell stuff or try to rake people over by joining just for that section. The economy was in the crapper and people were trying to find some enjoyment and fun out of using the forum and around with cheap old threewheelers they found in the grass, I think that was some of the traffic drivers at the time. It was a lot of Facebook level post quality coming in. There was serious concern that the site and the group was losing its culture because of all of these new members (and maybe we did anyways, that's up for debate) and them not taking the time to learn kind of the idiosyncrasies and inside jokes of the board that made it the most fun. So, I made the new member restriction in an effort to atleast "coral" that type of behavior into the new member areas and make Trikesylvania more serious quality content for the long timers to enjoy and the newer members to understand once they cut their teeth on the other sections and sort of learned their way around things. Anyone can search for "new member restriction" and take a time warp for some history. Here is one thread about 6 months before it went into effect: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ew+member+rule

    Perhaps it is time for me to revisit this process.

    I don't recall that ever really helping the moderation load, in fact more moderation and BS usually came from older members that felt they were above the rules or were entitled to act and do certain things more so than new members it seems...

    I'm not sure what all the answers exactly are - but the environmental factors I'm aware of are; Mobile device usage, the general public's complete inability to focus on and concentrate on anything without an instantaneous response and dopamine high (Ie I post something on Facebook and wait for the "likes" to roll in to make me feel better about myself almost instantly), and the grumpy curmudgeonly attitude of some folks here has turned even me off from wanting to deal with it from time to time. Just putting all the cards on the table.
    One can only beat their head up against the wall so often before they get blood in their eyes.

    Note to members: Stupidity is a BANABLE offense, mods can decide if YOU are being stupid and WILL ban you!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    House Springs MO
    --
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    That's a pretty interesting observation and gives me something to think about...

    I'm still around - just been busy last few years building a business but finally starting to get it where it needs to be it seems.

    The one major delineater is, I'm willing to bet most all of you guys are using 3WW here on desktop/laptop PCs, and not just accessing it from your phone, right? Some Tappatalk I'm sure, but the percentage of smart phone usage vs desktops has completely flipped. Like back in the day you know we all were texting with flip phones basically, the technology has just shifted. And Facebook was the first one to really make that handheld experience just work and flow right. Their picture uploading process and just the general format of sharing media and "short hand" posts is just cutting edge, no one else has a better way for humans to spit out what their brains are thinking a fraction of a second after the thought than their system. Your phone is always in your hand and the method to communicate thoughts and information through that platform is as smooth and seamless as anything else we have on the planet currently until there is actual neural connections to computers which probably isn't far off...

    Forums like this were never even designed or thought of with mobile usage in mind. I think I said this a couple years ago, but I'll also make the argument that utilizing a real computer to interact generally increases the quality of posts also, where its not just a mental diarrhea. I mean, for sakes, back in the day (10 years ago) if you were working in the garage or shop, you had to physically put the tools down, go in the house, open up 3WW and run a search or make a post about a question or something. Now your phone is in your back pocket (at the furthest) and you hit literally 3 taps and your posting something in Facebook or a group. I'm just as guilty and a creature of this habit too - thats one reason I can analyze it so well..lol.

    So the new member restriction thing - lets revisit that history briefly. This was put in place back in 2011, at a time when most of the veteran members here were complaining about all the "FNGs" joining and asking the same question, over, and over, and over in Trikesylvania, or 5 people per week asking "what is git it rag and why do you guys keep saying, it is dumb?". People were getting scammed more often than they should have through the classifieds by people showing up here literally to sell stuff or try to rake people over by joining just for that section. The economy was in the crapper and people were trying to find some enjoyment and fun out of using the forum and around with cheap old threewheelers they found in the grass, I think that was some of the traffic drivers at the time. It was a lot of Facebook level post quality coming in. There was serious concern that the site and the group was losing its culture because of all of these new members (and maybe we did anyways, that's up for debate) and them not taking the time to learn kind of the idiosyncrasies and inside jokes of the board that made it the most fun. So, I made the new member restriction in an effort to atleast "coral" that type of behavior into the new member areas and make Trikesylvania more serious quality content for the long timers to enjoy and the newer members to understand once they cut their teeth on the other sections and sort of learned their way around things. Anyone can search for "new member restriction" and take a time warp for some history. Here is one thread about 6 months before it went into effect: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ew+member+rule

    Perhaps it is time for me to revisit this process.

    I don't recall that ever really helping the moderation load, in fact more moderation and BS usually came from older members that felt they were above the rules or were entitled to act and do certain things more so than new members it seems...

    I'm not sure what all the answers exactly are - but the environmental factors I'm aware of are; Mobile device usage, the general public's complete inability to focus on and concentrate on anything without an instantaneous response and dopamine high (Ie I post something on Facebook and wait for the "likes" to roll in to make me feel better about myself almost instantly), and the grumpy curmudgeonly attitude of some folks here has turned even me off from wanting to deal with it from time to time. Just putting all the cards on the table.
    I respect this response. You do forget certain things that lead to certain things and the details as to why they happen.

    The only other forum I belong to is a four eyed mustang forum and they are no nonsense Gestapo types. Lots of good info, but that's all it is, info. A drag car build gets little attention, but if you wanna break down a valve cover emissions decal on an 1983 2.3 LX Mustang, it's a circle jerk of epic proportions.

    I know the moderation is a thankless job, I moderate for a living.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MI, USA
    --
    3,304
    Way to prove me wrong Billy, I should have went to your profile and make sure I had the facts right, looks like around 1 post per day average, just most of the posts are in sections I'm rarely in. I defiantly stand behind some updates though. Vbulletin is big name software, but I haven't worked with it lately to know if there's anything to make it a better mobile experience or not, but clearly smart phones has been a huge effect. Also, yep I'm on a laptop/desktop, no way I'd ever try to type these messages on a cellphone, I'd have 15 pages of text to reread for all the auto correct mistakes lol.

    Also for a side note, 3wheeler.org is effectively offline now, so this is one of the only 3 wheeler sites around. I've talked to more people than I'd care to admit that says they won't post here because of drama, no clue what all the situations are though.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //