//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sudden increase in new members

--

Sudden increase in new members

Has anyone else noticed an increase of new members latley? Not complaining by any means, just an observation..
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Hadn’t noticed but that’s good.

Got a lot of quiet readers around here.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Damian must be setting up new accounts.
    It sucks to get old

--
    kids are finding old things and need help.

--
    Well maybe the old geezers here can learn them young ‘uns something and breathe a little life into this site at the same time.

.......maybe.

--
    I notice on FB groups that there is such a overwhelming amount of folks on there that have no idea what they are talking about, trying to give advise to other's. The ones that do know what they are talking about hardly give any advise. It's more like a show and tell.

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    I notice on FB groups that there is such a overwhelming amount of folks on there that have no idea what they are talking about, trying to give advise to other's. The ones that do know what they are talking about hardly give any advise. It's more like a show and tell.
    That's an interesting observation. As far as 3 wheeler facebook groups go, I was only familiar with "The TECATE Facebook Page" and noticed the exact same thing as well as other significant issues with it, which is unfortunate because it is very active and has many people posting, and as far as I can tell, it is the biggest and most active site for TECATE's, of which there are very few.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    That's an interesting observation. As far as 3 wheeler facebook groups go, I was only familiar with "The TECATE Facebook Page" and noticed the exact same thing as well as other significant issues with it, which is unfortunate because it is very active and has many people posting, and as far as I can tell, it is the biggest and most active site for TECATE's, of which there are very few.
    Yes it's the same with Honda Hoarders Barns. Very active, hard to keep up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Honda Hoarders is all about showing off your crapped out $100 Big Red or your over priced 3rd generation 250r. I've rarely seen any good information on there. We all know if we have a question we come to the smart people here in 3WW!
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatcs View Post
    Honda Hoarders is all about showing off your crapped out $100 Big Red or your over priced 3rd generation 250r.

ouch!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Barns, what happened to you and the Tecate page? I really thought you had finally found your calling and would settle in real nice like. Then you were gone like a fart in the wind.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    .alright boys and girls thats Pee-Wees word of the day ............TEMCA-LECA-HI .........MECA-HIKNEE-HO .......
    Arrrr!!! I know you are but what am I? LOL!!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16150845f41c3292c0e9483170a95318.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	258513

--
    There he be.....I was starting to have the Glamy withdrawals. Like really.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    I noticed the exact same thing in a couple groups. Very discouraging to even take part of the group when the advice given is so far off, if you tried to correct the person they'd probably want to argue about it. Besides that, seems like you can't really search fb messages on google, so it's an endless stream of the same questions unlike the forums were we can reference someone else with the same issue and such.

I suspect the site is a little more popular because of spring, big time for buying projects it seems. It's nice to have something new to respond to once in a while lol.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Barns, what happened to you and the Tecate page? I really thought you had finally found your calling and would settle in real nice like. Then you were gone like a fart in the wind.
    Such colorful and elegant prose.

Since you posted something about me around the time that robby tienharra posted his infantile and inaccurate rant about me, I'm guessing you saw what he posted, and since you asked, I will gladly post the actual facts I know about the situation along with my best guesses about some aspects of it.

Another member on that site posted some TECATE parts for sale claiming he was doing it on behalf of his friend. In the parts collection there was a first gen Bassani pipe that was described as being very nice with just a couple minor dings which ended up being completely hammared, and a Bassani silencer that was described as having a crack or something minor and needing a simple weld to repair it but was also hammared, another pipe he claimed was for a TECATE which ended up not being a TECATE pipe, and 2 front fenders that were modified of which he said one could easily be polished to look very nice which it couldn't. I saw the ad maybe around 30 minutes after it was posted, so just like several other people eventually did, I contacted him and asked about the parts including the pipes, silencer, and fenders.

The seller contacted me a short while later and I told him I was interested in both pipes, the silencer, and both front fenders, so he described the parts (grossly inaccurately) to me, and also told me that he had already been contacted by a couple other people that were interested in the Bassani pipe but he did not tell me who these people were nor did I ask, but from what I can remember and could piece together later, it seemed like tienharra may have been one of the people that contacted the seller before I did. The seller also told me that he had not received a deposit from anyone for the pipe and that nobody told him they were sending money for it right away, so I merely asked him if he would sell me both pipes, the silencer, and both fenders if I sent him money via paypal right away and he said yes, so immediately after our discussion, I took the risk that the parts were accurately described and that the seller would actually send them, and I sent him the payment in full.

After tienharra found out the seller sold the parts to me, he got pissed off because he missed out on them and blocked me from the site (or had doug creel block me) to try and "get even" with me and to prevent me from buying any other parts he might be interested in. He then made that childish, inaccurate, and potentially libelous post about me in an attempt to discredit me. Unfortunately for him, if he did in fact contact the seller before I did, he could have sent the seller the money right away, in which case the pipe would have been his IF the seller was an honest person, which it turns out he wasn't, so it's impossible to know for certain what the seller did or what he told tienharra. The seller may have conversed with tienharra after I bought the parts, and if so, my guess is that the seller lied to tienharra about what transpired in hopes of preventing tienharra from being so pissed off at him that he would block him from the site as well.

Shortly after this situation, someone posted an ebay link to an 86 TECATE swingarm on that site that I modified to fit a first gen, and several people attacked it saying things like I was trying to rip people off with the exorbitant price I was asking, and someone else posted something like they could make the same thing and sell it for around half as much as I was asking (which I think was around $750.00) and still make money on it, but oddly enough I still haven't seen him or anyone else do that. I'm guessing they were also a bit surprised when it sold for full price with 48 hours. After receiving it, the buyer was kind enough to leave me positive feedback and generous praise.

Here's a photo of the better fender that I was told cold easily be polished to look very nice.

Here's a photo of the swingarm after I finished it that someone said they could replicate and sell for around half of what I was asking. I certainly hope they do cuz I will buy every one of them for their paltry $350.00 or so asking price...if I can.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //