No preference either way
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    What everybody else said....
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    I suspect as long as the migration is pretty seamless no one would really care what software the site runs on. I'd say it's pretty critical to push the posts/threads to the new system so the built in search engine can still be used for old topics, instead of having an archived site up to double up maintenance for you, and be more work for the end users to find info (most would only search the active site).

I suspect the passwords would have to be reset unless you did some custom coding on the login php code. I'm pretty sure xenforo supports adding different hash algros in so the old passwords can work for the old accounts and auto upgrade to the xenforo default algro. If you don't mind a little extra CPU for added password security, it would be perfect time to upgrade to bcrypt/blowfish.

Here's an example of public database leaks that have been publically cracked to compare how much more success they have on vbull hashes.

https://hashes.org/leaks.php?id=3242

vs bcrypt

https://hashes.org/leaks.php?id=2805

I've seen bcrypt dbs upto 25% cracked, and vbull sites over 95%. Either case good look looking into the software/migration.

Seamless is the only way I'll do it. There won't be any archive or anything like that.

--
    Man, it's a good thing you two understand each other. Almost sounded like Glamy talking there for a minute.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I'm surprised and happy to see all the relatively quick replies here by everyone - thank you for the feedback

--
    No preference here either.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    Man, it's a good thing you two understand each other. Almost sounded like Glamy talking there for a minute.
    Haha, yea I kind of targeted my reply more directly to Billy so got into the tech lingo a bit xD. Simple take way, better hashes = passwords are protected better from hackers if they got into the database. Software on it's own doesn't do a whole lot, it's just what we see when we use the site.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I really liked the old black and green thing before the update..but I am and old dog too
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Don't care what color as long as the site stays up, my day starts with 3ww fix every day.

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	260126
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    I think the only time the darker black/green screen would be good is going to bed at night, so the wife wouldn’t roll over and say “turn the brightness down on your phone I’m trying to sleep....”
    It’s all good whatever you decided to do either way...

Shep

--
    Here's an idea, why not both? I'm not sure how xenforo handles templates, but I know it's pretty simple in Vbull to switch. Like we have the option for the vbull default template on the bottom left of the screen.

Could get fancy and use some javascript and change some of the css settings and use cookies to store the settings per user and just have a dark/light button somewhere along the top of the screen. The black/green is more retro like the monitors that were black background with green text which I assume was the style/goal. For some the high contrast like that might hurt their eyes, atleast people claim that, I can see both templates just fine though.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //