//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Bearing grease suggestions?

--

Bearing grease suggestions?

Hi All,

What is your favorite grease with which to pack ATC wheel bearings?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Bernard

--
    Marine grease .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Texaco Starplex EP2

A shop I worked at a while back folded, so I absconded with a few tubes. It's the best grease I have ever used.

Lucas Red & Tacky is pretty good stuff too. I use it quite a bit.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Don't know what the stuff was called but if I recall correctly it was a type marine grease. It was a blue/greenish color and makes the bearings water resistant or maybe water proof for like boat trailers. My dad packed wheel bearings on a family member's trailer that had super sloppy wheel bearings and where completely dry. He used the snot out of the trailer for like 5 years with no problems. We nick named the stuff the bearing rebuilder.

--
    This grease I’ve been using forever- ps2 this has got that blueish green color too. It’s basically marine grease. The problem is it doesn’t like to wash off your hands too well.
    I regret touching the tube to take this pic- crap now it’s on my phone, and the remote too maybe a little on the cat too...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FFDA18F3-A40A-4EE6-BA18-4BCC0C16E6F0.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	258514

Shep

--
    Sounds a lot like the stuff my dad use, just nasty stuff to work with, but it works so well. I think his was a little darker/blue but looks pretty similar. I'm pretty sure it said something about waterproofing on it too. This stuff is what is used in Dow, the local huge chemical plant. Everything rusts away that lives in the plant, even vehicles that get bought brand new and only lived on the plant for 1-2 years. My dad also used a silicone spray on the under side of the cars/trucks to keep the brake lines, gas fill tube etc from rusting out instantly.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    Marine grease .
    Yup. Good stuff. (vague Blues Brothers reference )
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! I have some Starbrite Marine Grease on I hand from re-doing the hubs on my utility trailer. So hopefully it should work well enough. As I live in Arizona and don’t plan on submerging or riding often in muddy environments, so it may be overkill, but we’ll see how it does…

--
    Just my thinking, but for desert riding, thicker, or higher temp grease would probably the best because of the desert temps. I live in Michigan so we have cold winters and quite a lot of mud/moisture and such. Besides the temp, I think basically any grease should be fine for your application though.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //