//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Frankensteined 250R. Help Identify Parts

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Frankensteined 250R. Help Identify Parts

I need some help figuring out what parts I have here. Both of my 82 Air Foolers were bought off the same person on two separate occasions.

Neither had the original front end. From my research, it appears I have the 83-84 front end on both bikes with matching front calipers. The rear is what's throwing me off. It looks like a 200X caliper. I need to know so I can order the right rebuild kit. At this point, I'd rather do that than try to make another caliper fit.
    Also, can you tell me if this is the original master cylinder?

(Looking through, I just realized I forgot to take a picture of the caliper. I will upload that in the morning)

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

--
    The rear caliper looks a lot like the one on my 350x, can't really look at it atm to really check it out though. Master cylinder looks about right, the square block might not be stock, maybe a machinist made that section? I think OEM is hex instead of square. Besides that it looks pretty stock but I'm not really a 250r expert.

It has been ages ago since I read up on calipers, but if I remember right, a lot of rear calipers interchange, the big difference was the mounting bracket to get the right offset for the rotor. I'm kind of thinking 350x, 200x, and 250r were the ones listed as all similar, but research it out.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //