//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Atc250sx front axle thread size?

--

Atc250sx front axle thread size?

Need to tap fork tube on 250sx
    Anyone know the size and pitch please?

--
    I'm not at home, went to the ER lately, but if you don't have an answer by the time I'm around my machines again I can look it up. Reply or PM in like a week though to remind me.

It's metric of course, most bolts I think are 1mm pitch, the axle bolt is pretty huge, maybe like 14mm? Actually.... Looking up the dust seal on the bearings, the axle size there is about 23mm, pretty sure it tapers down a little, so probably between 20-22mm. I've seen some larger bolts be 1.25mm pitch, so should be in the general ballpark, but a caliper will be a lot more accurate to measure it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    I'm not at home, went to the ER lately, but if you don't have an answer by the time I'm around my machines again I can look it up. Reply or PM in like a week though to remind me.

It's metric of course, most bolts I think are 1mm pitch, the axle bolt is pretty huge, maybe like 14mm? Actually.... Looking up the dust seal on the bearings, the axle size there is about 23mm, pretty sure it tapers down a little, so probably between 20-22mm. I've seen some larger bolts be 1.25mm pitch, so should be in the general ballpark, but a caliper will be a lot more accurate to measure it.
    14x1.5 is what i came up with, But I was able to drill out the few bad threads and still had enough to tighten the Axle
    Thanks for your help

--
    Not a prob, glad you got it figured out. I guess those threads were a little more coarse than I was thinking.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //