//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New trike head on the forum

--

New trike head on the forum

Hello everyone. Proud new owner of a 1984 atc 70. I had one as a kid and just bought another been looking for a while and finally found a good one in my price range. All original including rotted tires and gas tank. Tires were no biggie but the tank is a bummer. Had no spark and bad tires but heck I had to have the little guy. I cleaned the points and magneto and had it purring like a kitten within a few hours. I mean it's a Honda so no surprise there. Ordered tires and a new tank (plastic) ugh. But she is drive able once again!! I am going to try and salvage the old tank but it's pretty rough. (On the look out for one). I love the 350x's and 250r's but there is something about having the little mini's that puts a smile on my face. And within 2 days I found one for my brother and now we have a pair of em. What's better than 1? Multiple of course. Well that's my little intro/rant. Just saying hello and sharing my story.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2229.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	258566  

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Very cool, and welcome to the forum. Those are fun bikes. I see you are in michigan. I am from lavonia by detroit.

Have fun fixing it up.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Very cool, and welcome to the forum. Those are fun bikes. I see you are in michigan. I am from lavonia by detroit.

Have fun fixing it up.
    I am. Thanks. I can't wait until it's done. Well. Close anyways. There never done.

--
    Welcome to the forum. Nice pickup.

If you need a tank and don't want a plastic one, here is another alternative that eliminates the future rust factor. I don't have one but have heard these are good quality.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Honda-ATC-70...IAAOSwRLZUKxe4

--
    Hey Hondaman428, welcome to the boards. Yea, the small machines are a lot of fun, just a different kind of fun compared to cruising on a 350x down a trail in upper michigan...

@ barnett: Holy crap, you are from Livonia? That's where I live right now... Looks like I'm gonna have to up my game and start giving much longer responses to questions here on the board to keep up. (just giving you crap...)
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    [QUOTE=wonderboy;1496493]Hey Hondaman428, welcome to the boards. Yea, the small machines are a lot of fun, just a different kind of fun compared to cruising on a 350x down a trail in upper michigan...

yea. The big trikes are a blast for sure. Now I am pondering a 140 motor swap. It's already a handful to drive it now, i can only imagine what that would be like.

--
    Welcome to the site Hondaman428! Nice find on the 70! I've been looking for one too but can't find one in my price range. One day though. What other trikes do you have?
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
    @ barnett: Holy crap, you are from Livonia? That's where I live right now...
    I lived on Lyndon Street about 4 houses East of Hubbard across from Pastor Park until I was around 6, and went to what is now called Livonia Public Preschool. In around 1963, the city planned to turn the park into a commercial area for a grocery store and my mom fought the city over it and won, which is one reason it is still a park today. They used to have a merry go round and swing there. I played there nearly every day of the year.

Looks like I'm gonna have to up my game and start giving much longer responses to questions here on the board to keep up.
    Well that will definitely greatly increase your popularity, especially if it is on an oil thread.

(just giving you crap...)
    But of course, why should you be any different than anyone else here.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatcs View Post
    Welcome to the site Hondaman428! Nice find on the 70! I've been looking for one too but can't find one in my price range. One day though. What other trikes do you have?
    Currently just the 70. Sold my 250r's a few years ago. I regret it everyday. But I will get either a 350x or a 185 to mess around on. Man I love those 350x's.

--
    Starting to try and restore my oem tank.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2238.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	258575

--
    Those machines are a blast, my dad had one that was near spotless oem shape, just needed a couple small things. Those are the only machine that doesn't really have a wire harness, some versions have basically a single wire for a harness that runs to the coil (I make harnesses btw).

Doing tank repairs should be fun, hope it turns out well, interested to see how you go about it.

--
    That's a hefty undertaking to fix that tank. After you weld in the new piece you can always seal the tank with a POR 15 tank sealing kit. It works well IF you follow instructions.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    My dad's had good experience with red coat too for tank liners, that's more for automotive metal tanks, but should effectively be the same for smaller tanks.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    That's a hefty undertaking to fix that tank. After you weld in the new piece you can always seal the tank with a POR 15 tank sealing kit. It works well IF you follow instructions.
    It is pretty bad but I have the technology and time to do it. I planned on por 15. Heard good things about it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //