//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 86 250 big red motor NEED HELP

--

86 250 big red motor NEED HELP

I recently pulled crank case motor off the bike to change one way bearing. It's all back together and looks good but when I let go of the throttle there is a grinding/clunking noise coming from crank case any ideas??

--
    Can you record a video of it doing it and post it on youtube or something pubic accessible? I'm guessing it's the one way bearing for the primary clutch right (right side of engine)?

--
    Yes right side. Primary clutch. I can get one soon. I only hear the sound when I let off the gas or when coasting down hills and it seems like the bike slips out of gear but when you hit the throttle it catches again.

--
    Sounds like the one way bearing is junk or the collar that the bearing rides on is worn to much for the bearing to catch on it. The bearing you bought was it one of the cheap ebay ones? I bought a eBay one for a bike and a oem one for another one and the eBay one still don’t grab as good as oem ( it might be the collar is worn more one of them I didn’t mic them )
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Sounds like the one way bearing is junk or the collar that the bearing rides on is worn to much for the bearing to catch on it. The bearing you bought was it one of the cheap ebay ones? I bought a eBay one for a bike and a oem one for another one and the eBay one still don’t grab as good as oem ( it might be the collar is worn more one of them I didn’t mic them )

I purchased it on amazon. its a AHL bearing.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //