//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: And I introduce...."sleeper"

--

And I introduce...."sleeper"

Like a fat kid to a wedding cake I can't seem to keep to ever satiate my need for more ATC's......
    I have never owned an 86 and when I saw one up for sale from BKM I had to have it. Per usual, Bryan is a stand up guy and said if I buy the parts he would throw them on. In April, I ventured north to pick up the beast and this past weekend I finished putting on the last of the decals. Overall, its very sound and all there. The only issues are the usual lower sprocket cover boss is snapped and the drain plug weeps a spot of oil here and there. I have a front headlight guard coming in from dirtcrasher (DC I will post pics on this thread for fitment) and I need to get a whole tail light assembly. If you have one for sale, shoot me a PM. The forks and rear shock were valved for my weight and completely rebuilt by Selvy. I rebuild/powdered the calipers, masters and ordered a rear answer silencer to match the expansion chamber. This winter it will be taken completely down. The cases will go to Selvy for some much needed love and I will have a big surprise coming back with the cases. I am shooting for a stroked ~270 and looking for about 57HP. It will be tough but achievable. More to come and this is how she sits today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1986 ATC 250R_4.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	258612

Name:	1986 ATC 250R_3.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	258613

Name:	1986 ATC 250R_2.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	258614

Name:	1986 ATC 250R_1.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	258615
    Last edited by yaegerb; 05-26-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Looks like a nice solid R to start with. Good luck.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Looking forward to this build!
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Another nice build, Brendan. I'm sure it will be even nicer after you get through with it this winter.

--
    This post is to display Dirtcrashers quality 3rd gen 250R headlight guard. I got it on a couple weeks ago after powdering it super mirror red. I think its a fantastic piece and thanks DC!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails headlightguard3.jpg   headlightguard2.jpg   headlightguard1.jpg  

--
    Wow, that headlight guard looks like it was made by Hondaline.

Subbing to follow the build.

--
    Not sure how I missed the original post but wow, nice ride!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    WOW! what a great 86 trike to start with!!

I'm so glad you bought a guard from me, I wish more people could see them in person.

They take quite a bit of time to make, but once they're powder coated, they just look awesome and the powder makes it look like it has a smooth plastic coating.

I have a couple builds going on myself, but I just don't have the room to store them...

Maybe next year I'll build a big shop, Bitcoin has been nothing short of AMAZING this year, 70% profit in 6 months!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    WOW! what a great 86 trike to start with!!

I'm so glad you bought a guard from me, I wish more people could see them in person.

They take quite a bit of time to make, but once they're powder coated, they just look awesome and the powder makes it look like it has a smooth plastic coating.

I have a couple builds going on myself, but I just don't have the room to store them...

Maybe next year I'll build a big shop, Bitcoin has been nothing short of AMAZING this year, 70% profit in 6 months!!
    This will be the 3rd headlight guard I have installed. The other two were Hondaline OEM and I will tell you this one fit with no “tweaking” as the others needed a bit to fit correctly. Again, great product!

--
    Beautiful machine...but it's hard to make a 250R a sleeper....Even bone stock, if it don't kick your azz it's gonna make you redline the whole way to beat it.
    57Hp though...jeez. Would love to see you ease up on some of these late model quad goobers. The late model CRaptors will be ruining their undies!
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--

Sleeper Update 7/2/20

Earlier this spring an oil leak developed on my 86 ATC 250R. Upon inspection I found that someone had previously installed a thread cutting automotive bolt and the cases had cracked. DON'T EVER INSTALL ONE OF THESE BOLTS! The aluminum cases can't take a 7/8 thread cutter and it ends up cracking the brittle aluminum. if you have an oil leak or your oil bolt is stripped do yourself a favor and time-sert it. After noticing this mess I decided to pull the motor and go through it for upgrades and general maintenance. Since then I decided to strip the frame down and install a gusset kit due to the amount of HP I will be running through the motor and the style of riding the bike will see, which will generally be MX/Flattrack and some dunes. I also scored an 88 trx swingarm which is ~1.5" shorter so that I could get the power underneath my arse for better hookup. A few weeks ago I welded in the gusset kit from Rob Wicks and is now back from powder. I also just got my tank back from Doug Snyder. He does an excellent job polishing, plus the petcock and seals are all changed out. All that's left is to finish the motor up and drop everything in. Hoping to be finished by September or early October. Enjoy the pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 86 250R_12.jpg   86 250R_4.jpg   86 250R_3.jpg   86 250R_2.jpg   86 250R_1.jpg   86 250R_5.jpg  

86 250R_11.jpg   86 250R_6.jpg   86 250R_9.jpg   86 250R_10.jpg   86 250R_8.jpg   86 250R_7.jpg  

Last edited by yaegerb; 07-02-2020 at 12:06 PM.

--
    Nice machine pretty slick.
    Selvy has worked his magic on my friends 250R to the tune of, If I'm not mistaken 373 cc + 68 horsepower.
    Took almost 2 years.....it passes my 421 Banshee in 3rd gear while he's doing a wheelie.... lol ��

Rob also built My Friends 86 Tecate, it's a custom KX cylinder Big bore with custom stroker crank I think to 345cc.
    The first version was 375 cc's but shortly after completion the cylinder cracked in half... yep completely 100% in half vertically...lol. so they had to push the reset button...lol. My friend told him go big or go home so now they're ....not so big😆
    He is now building a( reversed cylinder )
    (dry clutched) Bansheee with T-Rex cylinders at 535 ccs hoping for a Dyno proven 120+ h.p.... Rob's been building his motors for the last decade.
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by this old rz View Post
    Nice machine pretty slick.
    Selvy has worked his magic on my friends 250R to the tune of, If I'm not mistaken 373 cc + 68 horsepower.
    Took almost 2 years.....it passes my 421 Banshee in 3rd gear while he's doing a wheelie.... lol ��

Rob also built My Friends 86 Tecate, it's a custom KX cylinder Big bore with custom stroker crank I think to 345cc.
    The first version was 375 cc's but shortly after completion the cylinder cracked in half... yep completely 100% in half vertically...lol. so they had to push the reset button...lol. My friend told him go big or go home so now they're ....not so big��
    He is now building a( reversed cylinder )
    (dry clutched) Bansheee with T-Rex cylinders at 535 ccs hoping for a Dyno proven 120+ h.p.... Rob's been building his motors for the last decade.
    He does some pretty fantastic work

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Headlight guard looks great Steve does an awesome job from what ive seen.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

Onetrackmind is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Beautiful build my man. That frame looks like candy! Mmm...candy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //