//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lifes lemons

--
    Rob, losing my wife/best friend to her cocaine addiction was the worst, but also the best thing to ever happen to me.

If you truly cared about her, the pain doesn't go away very fast; But, it does go away in time. I'm so happy to no longer be concerned being a loner.

When she left, I rented out the 2 upstairs bedrooms in this 2 year old house she HAD TO HAVE!! to 2 - 21 y.o. old girls, and those girls pretty much paid my mortgage until times were better.

I thought things would never get better, and they have their up and downs, but overall I just have 1 person to worry about now, and my dad and 3 kitty cats

I honestly was able to save more money and acquired more toys once I was single again.

I don't know how Canada laws affect a divorce, hope it's not a disaster...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Don't go away mad..... Just go away

https://youtu.be/QNCM8IjtQ-o
    https://youtu.be/byEGjLU2egA
    https://youtu.be/pc0mxOXbWIU

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Rob, losing my wife/best friend to her cocaine addiction was the worst, but also the best thing to ever happen to me.

If you truly cared about her, the pain doesn't go away very fast; But, it does go away in time. I'm so happy to no longer be concerned being a loner.

When she left, I rented out the 2 upstairs bedrooms in this 2 year old house she HAD TO HAVE!! to 2 - 21 y.o. old girls, and those girls pretty much paid my mortgage until times were better.

I thought things would never get better, and they have their up and downs, but overall I just have 1 person to worry about now, and my dad and 3 kitty cats

I honestly was able to save more money and acquired more toys once I was single again.

I don't know how Canada laws affect a divorce, hope it's not a disaster...
    Sorry to hear that DC. Glad things turned around for you... She stills holds a place in my heart. We never fought. There was no abuse at all. We were together for 17 years. She had a son from a previous marriage who was 2 when I met her. We had twins together (Now 20). We lived OK. After the twins I supported the family. 1 income. It was hard but we managed. After she walked out with her son from marriage 1. I kept the house and kept the twins with me (13). So I turned into dad/mom mode. Twins had medical things going on. I MANNED up. It has been a long road. Things got bad the last 2 years before she left. LIES. Spending $$$. Something had to give. 1 thing I can not stand is someone lying. I had house rules. House rules were broken from son1 (weed smoking) in the house. She took his side of things and here we are... LOL. I have a lot of stuff in my favour as far as the divorce goes. All I have to say is make sure you have a nice paper trail. Paper trial is your best trail. Trust me.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Lol glamy ����

1984 ATC 200XR
    1984 ATC 300R
    1983 ATC 88

Feedback for Mike Pargiello

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    You`re dad caught you smoking and he said .....NO WAY...........that hypocrite smokes 20 joints a day !...........you gotta fight .........for your right .........when dads not cool ! : .........mommy whys daddy uncool ? ..........i don`t know ..........think i`ll get a divorce and take half his sh!t........because he`s uncool........weed smoking in the house ?...........Ercilla whack his pee pee !
    I am cool glamy. I am no zombie. I know what is right and I will fight. Looks like you have a sticking period.....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    I am cool glamy. I am no zombie. I know what is right and I will fight. Looks like you have a sticking period.....
    Well, it honestly took 10 years to get over the wife, something would always creep up and trigger things, such as music, situations, physical items or land marks; It hurt everytime!!

Finally, I have zero FAHKS now being an unattached man, it took a long time to accept that. But I feel so much better now that I have accepted it and I remember some of the things that happened when I was still upset, and I just want to smack myself in the head.

Gotta make yourself happy first and now I can play all day on my backhoe without a care in the world.

I think I like building MX tracks and playing in the shop just as much as I do riding trikes...

I love it!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    A bit of a update on this.

Next Tuesday Aug 13th we have a meeting. 4 of us. Her lawyer and her. My lawyer and me. All in 1 room. Sounds like a WWF match. Oh my bad... WWE.

This is where I here a bunch of lies from her and all the trama she has gone through and all the cards are on the table. Gloves are coming off. Lawyers are not cheap. $350.00 per hour. Heck I make >10% of that as a wage.

Should be interesting next Tuesday. I have good spirits about it and lots are in my favour. I know this is the interwebs. Thanks for taking the time to read.

IF I have to sell the house proto I will. I don't think it will come down to that. Plan on selling it next spring. Market is good.

'83 200X

--
    Seems like one person within a marriage sometimes couldn't care less about throwing it all away, that always baffled me.

All ya can do is accept it and know in your heart you did the best you could do...

I went 5 years without a trike before and ended up getting back in years later, you'll be okay, I wish you the best!!

--
    Welp...

Things did not 100% the way I wanted it to. Cost me a bit more than I thought but could have been worse.
    We settled on a 1 time payout. She could have dragged it out for another 6 years of support. Honestly she was decent about everything. Props to her.

Bottom line. I am happy with the outcome and so is she. This was a VICTORY for me. I don't have a forced sell on the house but still plan on selling it in the spring.

'83 200X

--
    Good to hear that you didn't bleed too badly

Life goes on....

--
    Usually the most fair deal is when both are not 100% happy (sorta like marriage anyway
    Good luck

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Good to hear that you didn't bleed too badly

Life goes on....

Very true. I knew I owed her $$$ that was not a question. We kept the lawyer fees down by having this meeting and keeping out of the court system. I have friends that went through this sort of stuff. Lawyer fees $100,000. That is messed up.

'83 200X

--
    Yeah I like the way Government turned marriage and divorce/child custody/child support all into a lucrative industry for them.

It's also precisely why I never got married. The whole thing is just too much risk (speaking for myself). My 'wife' and I have cohabitated for twenty years. She was married twice before. She also lost interest as well lol. What we have carries all the same expectations as a legal marriage and all the same commitment but without the need for intrusive and needlessly expensive government involvement.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //