//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Long time listener, first time caller

--

Long time listener, first time caller

Hello i finally registered after creeping on here for years lol.
    I have a 1984 yamaha 200e from since i was a kid and it was new. Just recently purchased a 1984 yamaha 225 dx. I have restored an 85 200x,85 350x and partially restored an 86 250r but have since regrettably sold or traded all of them. Current project is restoring an 86 yamaha Yfm80 moto4 for my 5 year old son. Thanks ray

--
    Welcome to the site, as you probably already know, we love photos =). Good luck with the little moto4, sadly I don't have a service manual for that model, so I can't look up tech info, just give generalized advice. Sometimes you can get lucky and find manauls by searching for them on google.

Here's what I found real quick, much newer machine, but same model. You have to rename the files to .pdf at the end though. If you have problems downloading, I can re-upload them to a better server.

https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/t...repair-manual/

--
    Ok thanks i appreciate it.

--
    I also have a 350x for restoration that i haven't started on yet. Here is a pic of my 84 225dx.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190602_083456.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	258832

--
    Of course your first photo has to have (trail pros) in it xD. Ironically they really worked well on a small quad, just super stiff tires and wear like iron. They did pretty well in the mud in my area too (sand, dirt, mud, not much for clay).

Not trying to get on my business stuff too much, but I make wire harnesses. Latest project has been to try to get all Yamaha 3 wheeler main harnesses made and on hand. I have nearly all Honda 3 wheeler harnesses on hand, but the ones with the 84-85 round CDI connector are a problem since I can't get the housing anywhere. The 350x is safe from that though.

If you have any electrical problems with your machines, I can try to help diag the prob. I've gotten fairly good with Honda electrical at least, Yamaha should be similar though besides their very confusing way of assembling harnesses.

--
    Ah yes the ol trail pros, they are going away soon i am gonna up grade to some better wheels and some flatter tires for the rear and a little skinnier and taller tire for the front. No telling how many pounds that will shed after different tires and wheels. The trail pros are about the heaviest you can get lol. They do wear like iron though we have a set on the back of the 84 200e that my dad put on there in 87 or 88 and they are still going, just like the 40" ground hawgs i had on my truck in the 90's they dont ever wear out.

--
    Should be interesting to see what tires you choose.

I've read the gateway buckshots wear really well too, but not the best road tire, more of an off road only tire with DOT approval. If I remember right, a guy claimed 100k miles and about half worn tread, granted it has like 15/16in tread to start with xD. Not my truck, but I have a T100 they are going on too. Probably a bit big/skinny & heavy for an atv though lol.

--
    I have seen some big red 250es's lifted with tires about as big as the truck in the pic lol. I am going with a set of cst ambush 22x10-9 tires on 9" aluminum wheels and a set of forged aluminum extended banshee hubs for the rear.

--
    Oh yeah i also have an 87 yamaha 350 moto4 (future project maybe) that has a set of trail pros on the back of it too. Those tires were everywhere in the late 80's and 90's. There weren't near the tire options we have today. Back then it was those, wooly boogers or stock knobbies lol.

--
    Yea, even into the 90's it was fairly limited for tire options. These were some of the best mud tires of the time. Not sure if there's anything else that pulls harder or not, but I do know they make monster atv tires now, ones in the photo are the first generation of the highlifter outlaw 27in tires. Never actaully been ran on that machine yet, got some things to finish up on it to be ridable. They were on a 99 350 warrior though, all or nothing type of tires, either wheelie or stall in mud lol. Shouldn't be as much of a problem with a 500cc twin in a tiny blaster with stock hp being around 49hp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0280.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	287.4 KB 
ID:	258846   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0281.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	273.9 KB 
ID:	258847  

--
    I had a set of 28" outlaws on a golf cart till i lowered it back down last year.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180424_105625.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	258848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180424_105616.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	258849

--
    Never seen a golf cart setup like that before, bet it gets though some pretty nasty stuff. I see the center part of the tread is pretty worn out, must go on the road a lot. Now that you say 28, I can't remember for sure if it was 27 or 28 now, it was the biggest they made at the time, and it mounts on a 12in rim. 14in atv rims didn't exist that I can recall.

--
    Yes it has spent a lot of time on the blacktop. It was lifted in 2001 or 2002 i think, it has been a while now.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //