//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First trike Yamaha 200e shaft drive. New to forum. Trike needs some work so help appr

--
    I'd assume they'd have the stock bearings, maybe even in stock if more modern motorcycles still use the loose bearing design.

Assembly trick is to put some grease on the races, and plant the balls in the grease. Holds it together while you assemble.

--
    During disassembly, I like to put something like a rag, trash bag, etc underneath the steering stem to catch as many of the bearings as possible. I know it's a little late for that one, but it may help you or somebody else in the future.

--
    I haven't tried it, but a strong magnet should keep from loosing the balls too. Normally for me they don't fall out too bad, the grease normally holds them in if they are not dry.

--
    I was able to retain all the balls from the stem when I pulled it apart. But the top ones were either ground to nothing or half worn. Only maybe 5 fully round ones. The bottom had most the round ones put prob missing 4 or so.

Yamaha was closed so have to wait to see what all balls says I guess.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //