//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 2005 crf450 to trike?

--

2005 crf450 to trike?

I have a 1985 200x I was thinking of using parts off of to convert. I want to use a newer bike to convert over. I want to stay all Honda parts. Any one ever done it, or ever heard of it being done?

--
    There's one for sale here in TN....
    https://nashville.craigslist.org/snw...906894735.html
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    That seems like a heck of a deal for 5 grand.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    I always thought starting with a motorcycle would be easier to convert than a quad, just have to figure out rear fenders, how to mount up a quad/3wheeler rear swing arm, and if you desire the atv style front tire, then a front end swap or custom parts like the craigslist link. When I was a kid my dad bought a 5hp brigs powered 3 wheeler that was a pile of junk, so he wacked the front end off and welded on a suzuki 370 enduro front end + engine. Little sprocket work and a seat that didn't stay down very well and it was a wheelie machine. Probably didn't handle too well since it was just slapped together, I was too young to push it at all, but the little I remember, it reminds me of my 350x for power/response. I haven't seen anyone else convert a motorcycle and keep the front wheel, not sure why not besides like mud reasons or like sand dunes.

Anyway, maybe post up some pics to see what you're starting with?

Also TPC converted TRX450R's to 3 wheelers, it was pricey, and you had to have the TRX450R to start with, but the end result was a unique machine with modern suspension and engine etc.

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by bradv801 View Post
    I have a 1985 200x I was thinking of using parts off of to convert. I want to use a newer bike to convert over. I want to stay all Honda parts. Any one ever done it, or ever heard of it being done?
    There are a handful of companies that do conversion kits.

I recommend BVC Trikes. Great group of guys. They make the sub frame, triple trees, swingarms, etc all in house. Just about everything you need to bolt on. They spend a lot of time engineering things to make it handle right. You won't be able to just slap parts from the 200X on to your CRF. There is a lot of machining that goes on to make it work properly and more importantly safely. Give them a look. Their kits run around $3,000 give or take.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //