//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: got a new truck last week(53 ford)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thornton View Post
    well what do u consider the right engine?
    I’m pretty sure he’s referring to a Tecate engine, the worlds most...., well, you know.
    It sucks to get old

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    well what do u consider the right engine?
    Well...um...since it is a FORD truck, then perhaps a FORD engine.

[QUOTE=thornton;1499030]i would stick to chevy probally would go with a 400sbc but normally i go big block but dont think the old ford could handle it lol

no, the stock drive train, won't handle big power from any brand of engine, but you don't need a big block for big hp, all you need is a 351 FORD windsor, and even a built FORD 6 cylinder will make more power than any 400 ci chevy can.

dont like ford motors
    You don't like reliabilliy, big hp, and engines that don't leak oil like the exxon valdez?

or ford in general
    Then you could just pull the chevy engine out and buy a chevy truck to put it in.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    You don't like reliabilliy, big hp, and engines that don't leak oil like the exxon valdez?
    Ford made a truck, it leaks, the end.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    Part of me still gets bent outta whack about engine swaps with the wrong name on them...I always liked Ford and disliked (but not hated) Chevy. Sad truth, dollar for dollar GM will whip a Ford every single time. Fords can and will run as good as ANY chevy.....but not for the money.

....Now....Had I the money and the intelligence to do so....I would like to have a really nice '70 Camaro Z28 with a 5.7 liter engine. Just not the Chevy 5.7. A Tundra engine with the BS removed and re-tuned. Those engines are stout and I'd like to have something like that just to piss everyone off. LOL!!
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Part of me still gets bent outta whack about engine swaps with the wrong name on them...I always liked Ford and disliked (but not hated) Chevy. Sad truth, dollar for dollar GM will whip a Ford every single time. Fords can and will run as good as ANY chevy.....but not for the money.
    Hey wait a minute, nobody asked how much more it would cost to make a ford go fast.

Actually, these days it costs basically the same amount due to the chinese parts that are now available for both brands, but back in the day, it did cost a bit more to make a ford go fast than it did a chevy.

....Now....Had I the money and the intelligence to do so....I would like to have a really nice '70 Camaro Z28 with a 5.7 liter engine.
    I for one see nothing intelligent about taking a rare vintage muscle car and yanking the original engine out of it and replacing it with a late model one. It would be far more intelligent to buy a standard 70 camaro and do it to that then simply stick the z28 emblems on it if you want.

Just not the Chevy 5.7. A Tundra engine with the BS removed and re-tuned. Those engines are stout and I'd like to have something like that just to piss everyone off. LOL!!
    Well I don't know if putting a Tundra engine in one would piss people off as much as it would make them laugh their ass off.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 83ATC185 View Post
    Ford made a truck,
    Yup, and it was the best truck ever made.

...it leaks,
    Only if you don't know how to change a valve cover gasket.

...the end.
    Thank goodness cuz I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to stop laughing.

--

I for one see nothing intelligent about taking a rare vintage muscle car and yanking the original engine out of it and replacing it with a late model one. It would be far more intelligent to buy a standard 70 camaro and do it to that then simply stick the z28 emblems on it if you want.

It's called Resto-mod and it's THE thing to do if you can afford it and know how. There is no engine built back in the day that will touch these late model engines. The small block chevy ruled the roost for many moons and rightfully so but the LS engines have all but put the old gal in her grave.

They don't build them like they used to......THANK GOD! The only thing old cars have to offer is aesthetics. Modern car builders fail miserably at making a car LOOK as good as it runs. Ain't nothing Ford built in the last 40 odd years as gorgeous as 66 Fairlane. ....and the old 390 was a beast. ...and when it's gassed and ready for a rebuild one of these late model coyote motors will still be going.

One of the coolest cars I've seen in a LONG time was that Superbird they built on Graveyard Cars with the Hellcat running gear in it. The old Hemi is nothing comapared to that thing.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 07-15-2019 at 05:45 PM.

--
    It's called Resto-mod and it's THE thing to do if you can afford it and know how.
    I know all about resto mods because vintage cars have been my business for over 40 years, and most people are smart enough not to butcher up rare original cars to do it to, although there are exceptions to every rule, lol.

There is no engine built back in the day that will touch these late model engines.
    That's not the point.

The small block chevy ruled the roost for many moons and rightfully so
    And that's why a Ford with a 289 won several races and some championships in 65 and 66.

...but the LS engines have all but put the old gal in her grave.
    Thank God and good riddance since they ran like they were nearly dead from the beginning.

They don't build them like they used to......THANK GOD!
    Well you at least got 1 thing right about chevys!

The only thing old cars have to offer is aesthetics.
    ummmm...nope, they can offer enormous investment potential also providing they are not butchered up and turned into a 700 hp drag car that never goes faster than 60 mph or revs father than 5,000 rpm unless it is on a dyno at a classic car show.

Ain't nothing Ford built in the last 40 odd years as gorgeous as 66 Fairlane.
    ummm...you need to check your math again cuz a 66 Fairlane is 49 years old.

....and the old 390 was a beast.
    Yeah, as in boat anchor unless it had CJ heads or similar back in the day.

...and when it's gassed and ready for a rebuild one of these late model coyote motors will still be going.
    And it will still be a next to worthless $300.00 core engine.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    we`ve got a 5.7 tundra long bed that will peel your face skin back.......forskin too !
    Even if one has been circumcised?

...........i can`t believe the po - po uses Dogg Challengers and Fart SUV`S
    That's mostly cuz they are cheap and they discontinued high speed pursuits in California.

...........and they will all be sold by ..........BARNS .........
    Yup, and I'm looking to buy some more this weekend!

"Go see Barns, Go see Barns, Go see Barns"

--
    Ha!
    Awww Barney, you’re a riot!

I'll argue with just about anyone on the 390 too. My first vehicle was a 78 F100, 6 clylinder. Spun a bunch of bearings about 6 months into it...stupid kid. My old man built a 390 and stuck it in there. It was a monster. A 390 with a 428 bore makes a 406. 292 solid lift. 10.5:1, headers, edelbrock intake and a Holley.....it was hellforstout. Maybe not a race motor but it had no issues decimating every tire I could afford to put on it.

Hey, all BS and jokes aside, I was watching Barret Jackson the other night. Either a 70 or 71 Hemi cuda, don't remember...don't matter. Vinyl hard top with a sunroof. Apparently only 13 ever left the factory in that configuration.....closing bid... 1.2 Million! For a fackin' Plymouth. Good lord!
    Last edited by Gabriel; 07-15-2019 at 07:17 PM.

--
    Ha!
    Awww Barney, you’re a riot!
    Couldn't help myself, lol.

I'll argue with just about anyone on the 390 too. My first vehicle was a 78 F100, 6 clylinder. Spun a bunch of bearings about 6 months into it...stupid kid. My old man built a 390 and stuck it in there. It was a monster. A 390 with a 428 bore makes a 406. 292 solid lift. 10.5:1, headers, edelbrock intake and a Holley.....it was hellforstout. Maybe not a race motor but it had no issues decimating every tire I could afford to put on it.
    It would have had around 50 more hp with cj heads or similar. Back in those days kids always used to think their slow vehicles were fast if they burned rubber and made a lot of noise, but fortunately I learned the difference a very long time ago, and learned a lot more since in the over 40 years that I have been doing this, plus I have built a lot of 390's.

Hey, all BS and jokes aside, I was watching Barret Jackson the other night. Either a 70 or 71 Hemi cuda, don't remember...don't matter. Vinyl hard top with a sunroof. Apparently only 13 ever left the factory in that configuration.....closing bid... 1.2 Million! For a fackin' Plymouth. Good lord!
    Yeah, thank god for rich people, HOWEVER, I know Craig Jackson and am familiar with some "unusual" things that have occurred there over the years, and what you see at any auction may or may not always be what it seems.

If I still had just the top 5 rarest cars I ever owned, I would be a multi millionaire.

--
    YET ANOTHER POST CORRECTION POST CUZ I AINT GOTS NO EDIT BUTTUN.

"If I still had just the top 5 rarest cars I ever owned, I would be a multi millionaire."

Should read:

"If I still had just the top 5 rarest cars I ever owned, I would be a multi millionaire if I sold them all now.

--
    YET ANOTHER POST CORRECTION POST CUZ I AINT GOTS NO EDIT BUTTUN.

"If I still had just the top 5 rarest cars I ever owned, I would be a multi millionaire."

Should read:

"If I still had just the top 5 rarest cars I ever owned, I would be a multi millionaire if I sold them all now.
    And if my aunt had balls.... well, you know.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    And if my aunt had balls.... well, you know.
    Yup, can't dwell on the past and I don't, but my point was for Gabriel in that there is more than just aesthetic value to an old rare car that has not been butchered for a "pro touring" ride.

--
    Yup, can't dwell on the past and I don't, but my point was for Gabriel in that there is more than just aesthetic value to an old rare car that has not been butchered for a "pro touring" ride.
    If at any point you’re referring to putting bandaids on 22” rims and bolting them to a 60’s muscle car I couldn’t agree more.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //