//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: got a new truck last week(53 ford)

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    If at any point you’re referring to putting bandaids on 22” rims and bolting them to a 60’s muscle car I couldn’t agree more.
    Yup, that too.

--
    I’ll take a set of Mccreary’s on 15” rims out back and some 4” wide tires up front over that setup any day.
    It sucks to get old

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I’ll take a set of Mccreary’s on 15” rims out back and some 4” wide tires up front over that setup any day.
    Unfortunately, people with good taste like you have seem to be few and far between these days.

Ok, now it's time to duck for incoming!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Unfortunately, people with good taste like you have seem to be few and far between these days.
    Still lots of us fat bouncy rear tire loving folks out there, but most of us lack the Benjamins needed to express our old school tastes.
    It sucks to get old

--

gave the old ford a new look

i been thinking about painting the truck but first i wanted to try giving it a little patina. i think it turn out pretty good and it was less than $50 for all my supplies let me know what u think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rat 026.jpg   rat 017.JPG   rat 011.JPG  

--
    ‘49 w/ a 292

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--

got a trophy!!

went to a car show on saturday and got a trophy for 1st place best truck. got ton of complements on the new look and even a few people asked me if i would be interested in doing there cars lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2995.JPG  

--
    Holy crap! It has the ultra rare anti gravity option installed too!!

How do you beat that Barnster??!!

OAN - There's a 50's/60's GMC 4x4 truck in town and it's been sitting awhile, but the body is solid and the steel sure isn't thin.

Hoping I can grab it at some point....
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 08-07-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--

got a couple more trophy's

went to another car show and got 3 more trophy's i took 2nd place best custom ride and 2nd place best truck for my ford and got 1st place best daily driver for my chevelle. was a good day didnt think id get any trophy's there was a lot of nice rides!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3006.jpg   IMG_3008.JPG  
    Last edited by thornton; 08-27-2019 at 06:48 AM.

--
    I have a 53 chevy, I like Ford in a ford/mercury or in my case a Cadillac 472 in my chevy 210.
    I'm sure there would be a revolt if someone put a suzuki engine in a Honda 250r.
    Nice looking truck. I wouldn't change the drive train unless it was broken, it's a lot of work for a little gain.
    New drive shaft, trans mount, shifter linkage, motor mounts, radiator, hoses, power steering adaptors, wiring, just to name the obvious.
    Mrc.

--
    ya im probally not going to mess with the drivetrain much unless it needs it, its a nice running/riding truck the way it is. about the only thing im going to do to it now is upgrade the wiring a bit, its kinda of a mess but works and i want to find the correct seat for it

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //