//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: noobiest noob: 185s towing cap?

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Might be something to do with the low range, doubt the brakes would be too great though lol.
    Yes, that is exactly the problem. Just imagine if i had to try and stop while towing our box van. I had someone inside to steer it and stop when I signaled them. I towed around 700 to 800 lbs a few times with the klt and it was dangerous when trying to stop while got g down a small slope, so in general, the stopping ability is what determines how much weight is safe to tow.

--
    I live in the flat lands of Michigan, so I guess the max tow rating is effectively higher here because of it =).

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Lol, yes, it would be.

--

noobiest noob: 185s towing cap?

In my experience, they tow and brake fine—even maxed out. Naturally, it can be difficult on certain terrain,(especially downhill) i,e- lose dirt, but on hard pack and always using the engine to assist, they do okay.
    I’ve had on bad accident with too much weight going downhill on wet grass, but jumped off and everything turned out fine, minus a bent up hitch.
    Having good tires and how the weight is distributed on the trailer is what will make the difference.
    Last edited by Jd110; 06-29-2019 at 11:45 AM.

--
    I've towed a 10 cubic foot poly utility trailer loaded with probably around 700 lbs of gravel down the cabin road to help fix potholes. I just towed in 1st gear on my 185s and went slow and steady.

--
    I pulled a civic around my yard with mine.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //